XIII

⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

"I don't like this." I said as Mando carried the child down the hallway of the Razor Crest. I followed quickly behind him as he carried him down the ladder. He opened a door to a small closet and placed the child inside.

"We're out of options, Amara." He stated as he pet the kid on the head. No noise escaped the kids mouth. Making me think he was agreeing with me.

We were out of credits, running out of fuel quickly, and in desperate need to stop somewhere. His idea was to contact some old "acquaintances" who had a job for him. The idea of Mando have acquaintances made me uneasy enough.

"Then let me contact my people. See if there's any other job out there." I said as he closed the door, locking the kid inside. He made his way back up the ladder, tilting his head towards me before walking back towards the cockpit.

"We don't know if we can trust any of your people. Where we're headed there's a no questions asked policy."

"Well that's not concerning." I said sarcastically. I grabbed his arm before he could enter the other room. Forcing him to turn back to me. "Look in your last job we almost died. I'm just a little apprehensive about a no questions asked type of job."

Mando tilted his helmet as he let out a deep sigh, "It will be fine."

"Din..."

He brought his hands to my face. Something he was starting to figure out would shut me up immediately. He brought his head down closer to mine. Enough to see the reflection of my worried glance in his visor. I sucked in a breath as my heart began to beat quickly.

"Do you trust me?" He asked quietly.

I released the breath I was holding in. He was cheating. Knowing full well I wasn't going to say no to that. Knowing that everything he was doing right now was just going to melt me down into not arguing.

"Of course." I said quietly.

"Then trust when I say we will be fine. It'll probably be an in and out job." He said. He moved forward and pressed his helmet against my forehead. Turning me into complete puddy in his hands. He pulled away from me quickly. Walking back into the cockpit and setting us towards our destination.

I sighed as I leaned against the wall. My eyes staring up towards the ceiling. I hated the power he currently had over me. Feeling like I had no control over any situation lately. I cursed under my breath. Making my way towards the cockpit as Mando landed us in a space station. Out in the middle of freaking no where.

I took a deep breath as we stood in front of the exit of the Razor Crest. Waiting for the bridge to drop. I closed my eyes as the door began to hiss. Sucking in a deep breath. I felt Mando's hand press onto my back. Rubbing his thumb across my side. I looked over as he turned to me. As if reminding me to trust him. I turned back as the door began to drop, grabbing my hood and pulling it over my head.