XV.I

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Cassian and I sat silently on the ship headed straight back for Yavin. Now that we were here, I didn't want to talk. My mind flipping through a hundred different scenarios of what would happen when we returned. We were gone longer than we were supposed to. Only just now updating the General on what had transpired. And my mind still wondered back to my family. The concern leaving them behind.

"You sure you don't want to wait till your father gets back?" My mother asked. Grasping for anything that would keep me here. We stood in front of the ship. Saying what I never knew would be our last goodbyes.

I shook my head slowly, "We've been gone too long. They'll start looking for us soon."

My mother let out a small sad smile before pulling me into a hug. "I love you, my fearless Amara."

I gripped tightly to her, and tears began to well in my eyes, "I love you mom.

She gave me one last smile before I pulled away and turned to Devron. My stomach felt sick every time I looked at him. He stood there uncaringly. The light in his eyes had completely disappeared.

I wrapped my arms around his shoulder and pulled him in tightly. My heart was breaking to leave him so quickly. I hadn't realized till now that he grew a couple inches since I'd first left. Making him now taller than me. It made me wonder what else I was going to miss out on.

"It's going to be okay Devron. You'll be okay." I said softly.

Devron took a deep breath and finally wrapped his arms around me. Holding tightly. "May the Force be with you sister."

A smile grew on my face. Maybe slowly he was coming back. Maybe he just needed some time. Proof that even though I was gone, he'd be protected no matter what. I held him tightly for another minute before pulling away. When I did my smile faltered.

Devron still even then held no emotion on his face.

"Amara..." Cassian called out. I turned my head towards him. A slight concern showing. "Hey where did you go?" He asked as his hand grabbed onto mine.

I turned back towards the window. Staring at the flash of blue and white passing around us as we traveled through hyperspace. "I'm worried about Devron." I said simply.

Cassian let out a deep breath and squeezed my hand, "He's not going to be back to his old self in a day. And if we're being honest, something like that will change someone."

"That's what worries me." I responded, "It's different for us."

Cassian's head tilted to the side slightly, "Why? Because you're jedi...or whatever close to it your family is."

Yes. But I didn't say it. I didn't want to bring that concern into the open world. Even though I trusted Cassian with my own secret, something like this I couldn't risk becoming a thought or a worry. Let alone somehow getting back to the Rebellion. They would watch Devron closely, maybe even try to recruit him. Just to simply keep a close eye on him. He'd already gone through enough. Bringing him into our world would break his already fragile state.