V.I

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

I woke up the next morning before the sun began to rise. My mind immediately rushing to the events of last night. By the time I returned to the house, Cassian was already locked inside his room. Never once coming out, and according to Tayla he never returned to the reception. Even though I wasn't the one that up and walked away with no word, I couldn't help but feel like such an idiot.

As I prepared for the morning and the long trek ahead of us the house was completely silent. No sign of Cassian, not even any movement from his room. I questioned if he even stayed the night here, or instead chose to take the matter further and completely avoid me. I continued to attempt to push the thoughts out of my mind as I packed my bag. As hard as I tried the night kept coming back to me like a permanent engraving on my mind. My cheeks still flushed when I thought back to the kiss. The thought of how soft his lips were still felt on my own.

I took in a deep breath as I aggressively tossed the bag over my back. My eyes closed tightly as I let out a long-drawn breath. This was going to be a long trip if this continued down the path I wanted to avoid.

Cassian was already at the tent with Tayla when I arrived. The two of them stood outside of it by a small fire. Breaking the replica of the Imperial base into pieces and tossing it into the flames. Tayla was the first to look up and notice me. A small smirk landing on her face. "You both seem to be early birds this morning." She said with a small chuckle.

Cassian turned away from the fire, and only looked at me for a second before turning back. "Morning." He said so casually yet I could hear the bit of coldness in his voice. I felt my jaw clench tightly, and the blood in my veins began to boil. I couldn't understand why he got to be the cold one like I was the that walked away with nothing to say.

My lips thinned tightly together, and my eyes glared. "Morning." Is all I said back and the two of us returned to silence. I could see Tayla's eyes shift between us occasionally as we waited for Micha to arrive. She didn't dare ask what happened to cause the sudden shift between us.

It would take us over a day to arrive outside the base. One night of rest before setting the plan into motion. Cassian and I hadn't spoken a word to each other the whole trek through the forest. The tension between us could easily be cut with a knife. Tayla's coldness returned the longer we walked in silence. Clearly catching on that something was wrong. Becoming quickly annoyed and clearly worried that it would affect the mission. Her head twisting back and forth between us before rolling her eyes and letting out a long sigh. Micha though chattered on, oblivious to the situation.

By nightfall we made a small camp, lighting a fire deep within the forest. The sounds of the planets critters and the wind breezing through the leaves on the trees surround us was all that filled the quiet camp. Tayla eyes continued to shift between Cassian and I as we stared down at the small ration of bread in our hands. Taking small bites to savor it. She let out an annoyed sigh once more before giving up and leaning back against a tree and closing her eyes.