chapter 7- dorne's music

"is the king really coming?" Rickon asked in wonder as valeria helped him up on bran's bed.

Their little nightly party in bran's room got delayed until tonight after valeria read the latest letter she got from tommen.

Apparently their visiting winterfell for something. It did not indicate what, but it did said he was excited to see her again.

"Im so excited to see the imp" arya stated as she swung a stick as her sword around the room.

"Arya that's rude. Tyrion Lannister is a really nice man" valeria scolds to which arya only smiled at her with a shrug

Let's just say she admires Tyrion's cleverness, he was nice to her and most importantly he slaps the shit out of joffrey when he's not so nice.

Valeria settled beside bran after he offered her a lemon tart.

Arya barf dramatically when she noticed their intertwined fingers. "Still can't believe you're to be married- we get to be sisters!" Arya exclaimed excitedly as she finally hoped onto the bed making the three bounce.

Rickon sat on Valeria's lap and clung to her. "Val tell us about kingslanding" he slowly said.

Valeria thinks after she looks at their attentive faces. "there's not much to say, I've only been inside the castle" she mumbled.

"Oh! But you can see the chopped heads sticking on the walls."

"EW"

the night continued with their laughter and stories, with tarts to fill their bellies. Soon arya was laying on Valeria's legs with bran behind her playing with her hair, whilst rickon was on his belly listening to the stories.

"Valeria" arya suddenly called out after valeria was talking about how insufferable joffrey was.

Valeria hummed signaling her to continue. " Where did you live before you were taken to kingslanding?"

Valeria smiled gently. "I was born in dorne"

Arya's eyes widened and rickon's sleepiness was gone in a snap.

"No way! What is it like? Did you ride a ship? Was there pirates?" She excitedly asked.

Valeria giggled resting onto bran as she tried to relax.

She live three lives in dorne and she honestly thought this one was also going to be in dorne.

"Are you sleepy?" He whispered to which she shook her head no.

"Oh It was wonderful there arya. We traveled for months on a ship- we didn't encounter pirates though- Oh! But music here is nothing compared to dorne's" she mused excitedly.

Bran has heard this multiple times but it was his first time hearing about the music bit.

"What's so different? I've never heard music differently before."

Well firstly, the singing here is drastic. But of course she couldn't roast their bland singing out loud.

She thought first how she was going to explain, "Well, in dorne they focused on singing and they have wonderful stories behind their music-"

"Can you sing one?" Rickon suddenly suggested.

"Oh uhm-"

"Pleasee"

Who can say no to his puppy eyes?

"How about the one were she sends her baby away on the river? You can tell them that story" bran suggested seeing that she didn't want to sing.

"Wouldn't the baby drown?" Arya mused with a small laugh.

Valeria smiled at this. "She actually placed him on a basket, so people would find him and care for him since she cant" she explained.

"Poor baby" rickon mused.

"It actually has a song" valeria meekly said.

"Ooh! Can you sing it?-i don't really care if it sounds bad i just wanna know the words" arya said trying to reassure her.

Valeria and bran laughed at this. It made valeria comfortable enough to say ok as she cleared her throat.

The three starks piped up in curiosity. They'd never heard her sing before, so this was somehow exciting.

Especially for bran.

She breathes in before her soft sweet voice came out gently.

"Hush now my baby, be still, love, don't cry
Sleep as you're rocked by the stream"

Arya's mouth fell at how lovely that sounded. This could never be compared to how their old nan sings.

"Sleep and remember my last lullaby
So I'll be with you when you dream"

Bran rests his head on top of hers, eyes closing in almost a trance at the sweet voice. A small smile appearing on his face.

Valeria breathes in a little as she tried to continued the song after she felt bran embrace her from behind, a blush spreads across her face.

"River, oh, river, flow gently for me
Such precious cargo you bear
Do you know somewhere he can live free?
River, deliver him there"

She gently finishes making arya almost groan in disappointment that it's over. "When i became a traveler I'd definitely go to dorne for the music" she mumbled in a daze making valeria giggle.

"That was lovely" she heard bran sigh out making her feel all mushy inside.

"How are you so sweet" she mumbled under her breath.

she almost let out a laugh after seeing rickon fast asleep beside them.

Arya let out a large yawn as her eyes drifted off to sleep.

"You should sleep my little wolf" she mumbled as she raised her head to look up at him.

He smiled gently at her before moving to lay beside her so she can lay down on the soft pillows. "Are you cold?" He asked.

He asks that everytime she sleeps in his room knowing that her room was warmer than his.

She shook her head as she laid near him for warmth.

___________