chapter 19- burn

"No!" valeria let out the most painful scream everyone in winterfell had heard as she fell to the ground.

"theon how dare you!" she angrily said.

theon seemed disturbed by how much he hurt her as he looks back at the boys.

she felt like her heart had split into pieces as she watches the burnt bodies sway in the cold wind.

her mouth opened widely as a sound of cry tried to get out but it was silent, her voice stuck in her throat.

her heart and lungs caved in and it became difficult to breath as tears stroll down her cheeks.

she was going mad, she didn't want to believe it. it didn't look like bran and rickon but maybe her mind was playing tricks on her, considering that she didn't actually want to believe it.

she's never loved anybody like this in so long, she only cared to be loved.

but loving someone and being love will always be two different things.

she was heaving as she cried, maester luwin wrapped his arm around the poor girl as tears escaped his eyes.
.
.
.

it's been two days and luckily the vale hasn't sent a reply back to winterfell. it prevented valeria from being sent away just yet.

but now she was allowed to walk around. they tried to comfort her but she pushed everyone away with her blank face.

it was like she'd a body without a soul.

at night she'd cry herself to sleep, in the mornings she'd stay in bran's sometimes rickon's bed, drowning herself in the covers.

their scent made it feel like they're still here with her.

draken and vivian would sometime cuddle her just to give her a sense of comfort at least.

she wouldn't even eat.

"please my lady. atleast eat some bread." vivian plead as she crouch infront of her hollow eyes, hands holding hers.

draken croaked in agreement. he was probaly a bit larger than summer by now.

summer.

her poor baby.

her first baby.

and theon had probably burnt him too.

"i'll eat. i. i'll get the bread my self" she stuttered out before she stood up,much to vivian's delight.

she walked lethargically through the hallways until she arrived at the kitchens. it was empty.

other than the only woman inside who seemed to be stealing some of the bread...?

she turned around flinching when she saw valeria. "valeria. you. you're still here?" osha said in surprise.

it was said that she's been sent to the vale already.

veleria, although stunned, started to tear up. "o-osha. theon. he. he burned them! my poor love" she whispered as she sobbed.

osha smiled softly as she approached the girl immediately wrapping her arms around her.

"come" she simply stated before placing valeria's hood up.

valeria didn't ask any question as she blankly followed osha. until they came into the crypts. "osha- i uhm. i don't really like the crypts"

"this'll change your mind little lady, i promise" she gently said.

she looked around making sure no one noticed them before she without hesitation, pulled valeria inside.

valeria's heart pounded as they turned through the hallways of the crypts.

ultimately arriving to one specific place. "hodor?" she quietly ask in surprise.

and when the sweet giant smiled she immediately ran to hug him.

at least they're alive.

"val?"

valeria flinched at the sweet voice, she didn't want to believe it, she may have gotten mad.

but as soon as she turned around, rickon lunge at her. "i thought theon sent you to the vale" he said tearily before looking up at her.

valeria let out a small cry as she hugged the child lovingly, raining his face with kisses .

her eyes immediately looked around the room hoping she'd see what she's been hoping for.

but tears filled her eyes when she didn't saw him. "he's behind the statue, sleeping" rickon said with a chuckle.

valeria's heart leaped out of her chest as she immediately rounded the corner, her eyes landing to a sleeping bran.

her tears fell down, and she clamped her palm into her mouth as she blinks the tears away, trying not to be loud.

she watched the light of the flame illuminate his face, noticing the streaks of dried tears. "he thought you were already sent away. shouted why we didn't hurry back" osha said with a soft smile.

she couldn't take it anymore, she immediately lunged onto his sleeping figure, burying her face onto his shoulder as he stirred awake from the sudden surprise.

the first thing he saw was the pale strands of hair and it didn't take him much longer to know that it was her.

osha left the two after seeing maester luwin found them, she needed to speak with him.

bran immediately wrapped his arm around valeria. "you...i thought theon sent you to the vale" he mumbled as he breathes in her scent.

valeria leaned back so she can look into his eyes. his hand cupped her cheek lovingly. "i thought he burnt you" she whispered with a frown.

bran bit his cheek to stop himself from crying from happiness before he smiled. he pulled her to his chest, not before kissing her forehead lovingly as always.

valeria sat herself up on his lap, suddenly leaning in to give him a kiss.

but she missed.

ultimately giving bran a kiss on his lips.

they were both stunned, turning red.

that's the first.

"i-i uh—"

"valeria! good you're here. we should get on with the wedding then?" maester luwin said.

bran perked up at this, eyes switching from hers and maester's. "we're getting married?"