chapter 23- regrets

"how come he gets to sit and chat while we do the work?" Osha annoyingly said as he eyed jojen

She turned to hodor as if asking him but hodor stopped only replying with a small confused, "hodor"

Valeria let out a chuckle as she finishes arranging their food to ensure it won't attract any animals. "Well jojen is considered sick-"

"-in the head! He keeps on inserting black magic into the little lord's head-" she said in annoyance, finally letting her anger out as she rants to valeria.

Valeria smiled softly at this as her eyes travel to her husband and jojen who are as always stuck in their own bubble. She sighed.

"He's intrigued osha. That raven makes him feel like he has a purpose. He felt like he lost all purpose when he lost his legs— trust me i was there the entire time" she softly said. "And to be honest i agree with you, black magic is not something we should be dealing with" she mumbled sternly before she shared a look with osha.

They did a little more chores and when osha still saw jojen speaking with bran she couldn't take it anymore. She stomped to the two as she started telling them off.

Valeria couldn't hear what they were saying so she walked a little closer finally hearing— "- i told you, his brother is not in castle black, he should go to the raven beyond the wall." Jojen argued.

Valeria's eyes widened at his words. "We are not going beyond the wall" she said in unison with osha.

The boys turned to Valeria's face, her eyebrows scrunched as she looked at them.

"Your brother is at castle black and that's where we are going" osha said to bran as he seemed to be trying to ignore her words.

Valeria sighed as she sat infront of him, hands immediately clasping his as her eyes tried to catch his gaze. But he avoid her eyes.

"Look at me" osha told him, crouching down.

"The raven has been coming to me ever since i fell from the tower, he wants me to find him" he said desperately. "I don't have my legs anymore, this is what i have now"

Valeria closes her eyes, she knew it. She was right after all.

Osha sighs deeply remembering Valeria's words earlier, "you have a family, you need to go to castle black. You have rickon. And a lovely wife. You have to take them where they belong" osha reasoned with him.

"What if i belong north? That i fell for that reason-" he fried explaining only lead that into a fight with osha.

Valeria couldn't take his words anymore. She honestly doesn't think that following the raven will do them good, nor will it do him any good.

What if it is some kind of black magic that might kill him?

"My love. It's dangerous beyond the walls—"