chapter 27- winter has come.

"does the well lead to an underground river? Is that how you came here?" Meera excitedly asked sam

To this valeria looked away from them, feigning innocence about the topic. Specially when she noticed jojen's stare.

"There are steps carved beside the wall, hodor can carry you till we get to castle black" sam tried to convince bran.

And I honestly hoped he can convince him.

"please sam. I have to go north. I have to" bran begged, hodor placed his hand on his back.

Valeria sighed at his words.

"If you saw what i saw you'd run the other way" sam tried once again " please come with us, there's nothing up north but death" gilly added.

Valeria's eyebrow raised at his words.

"You saw the white walkers and the army of death" jojen piped up.

To this valeria's heart dropped as she turned to look at jojen. "What did you sa-"

"How'd you know about that?" Sam immediately asked.

"The night's watch. The kings of westeros and their army can't stop them-" jojen seriously said.

"Please sam." Bran said.

Sam sighed seeming convinced at his begging, much to Valeria's disappointment "I'll take you through the passage"

Brab smiled thankfully at him. "We should probably head down now" jojen immediately said.

Valeria scoffs at jojen in disbelief as she realized something.

"Wait. So you knew about the whitewalkers, know that their currently up north and still insisted on bringing my husband to the north?" She lowly said as she glared at him.

Everyone stopped after hearing the malice in her voice.

Bran immediately grabbed her hand as she stepped forward, knowing she'll beat the shit out of jojen.

"And you knew about how we'll get pass the wall but you stayed quiet" he fired back. "You were Adeline, you should've known all the passages your late husband made"

She let out a scoff at his words. "Does it even matter now? You got what you wanted, we're heading north" she mocked him with a sarcastic smile.

"Stop the both of you" bran immediately said. "Val, please understand-"

"That you're going forward with this? You might get killed! How am i suppose to live if that happens?" She worriedly said.

"He won't. I've seen it" jojen said assuringly, finally understanding why she was so against going north.

Bran was the only thing she had.

_____________

A baby's laugh suddenly echoed through the walls, gaining their attention.

Gilly looked down her child before cooing at him. "Aww, can i hold him?" Valeria immediately asked.

Gilly chuckled at the girl before she slowly handed the child to her. "Meera! Come see, he's so adorably handsome!" Valeria excitedly said.

Meera chuckled at her before she approached valeria. "You're right" she said, her smile widening as she cooed at the child.

Valeria's words made bran turn to her, from his chat with sam and jojen. "You're not getting jealous to the baby are you?" Jojen teased him with a smile.

Bran turned to the two of them with furrowed eyebrows immediately shaking his head.

They were still inside the castle. Valeria insisted that they stay for a while since she'll have to make sure their supplies were enough. "Valeria, i think we should start heading north now" jojen insisted.

She sighed annoyingly before nodding. She hadn't even hunted yet, it might not be easy to hunt when they go up north.

But her herbs were completely, luckily.

Hodor carried bran down the well first whilst the others followed them down. He sat bran down before going back up to retrieve his cart.

Valeria's dainty hands checked on his temperature, his face and legs to make sure there weren't any kind of injuries.

He chuckled at her worrisome face, she sighed in relief when there was none.

Hodor came down eventually, helping bran up the cart and with that they started to head through the tunnel.

Valeria, meera and gilly walked behind the men. The two girls gushing over gilly's baby.

"You really love him huh?" Gilly said to val.

She smiled before nodding, eyes trailing to her husband. "He's the only thing keeping me alive" she mumbled.

Her arms looped into meera's as she rested her head onto her arm. "Bye bye warm nights. It'll be snowing up north" she whined sadly making meera laugh at her.

"Bran can make your nights warm" meera teased with wiggling eyebrows.

Valeria's eyes widened as her face grew red, she immediately slapped meera's arm.

Gilly laughed at them as she bounced her baby. "I do hope we'll get to see each other again gilly" valeria said with a smile after she noticed that they were approaching the entrance now.

Gilly happily smiled at her before she nods.

Sam and the others stopped. "Here you should have some of these" sam said as he took something out of his sachel.

"What is it?" Bran asked

"Dragon glass." Valeria blurted out as soon as she saw the familiar carved black spikes. "You found them!" She excitedly said.

Sam looked at her weirdly as handed her some. "You know about these?" He asked as he insisted hodor to take it.

"Take it hodor" bran said as he took the glass handing it to hodor.

"You know about this, love?" Bran asked her, watching as she stared at the piece in amusement.

She nods. "I carved this myself, with my friends." She whispered not knowing if sam should know about her past memories.

"What is it for?" Bran asked.

"Killing whitewalkers" sam and valeria spouted.

Meera turned in surprise. "How'd you know that?" She asked warily.

Gilly and sam shared a look before she answered. " A walker came for my baby and sam.." you could see the admirable look on her face

" But Nobody has killed a whitewalker for thousands of years" meera said in disbelief.

"Well i suppose someone had to be the first" sam said sheepishly as he handed her one.

They said their farewell, valeria hugging gilly and giving blessings to her child.

"Here, if he gets a cold you can boil this in water till the water turns green then make him drink it with your milk" valeria instructed as she took a few of their herbal medicines.

Gilly gave her a thankful smile before they finally leave.

Valeria held onto meera as the cold met them, biting into their cheeks as the harsh wind roars.

"Winter has come"