chapter 22

"Rickon! Stay with us" osha immediately said as rickon ran ahead of the group

"It's alright the wolves will protect him" bran said as they stopped to look at rickon.

Bran looked at summer, signing him to go. Summer stops to look at valeria as if also asking for permission.

Osha smiled amusingly, he's like a child needing permission from both parents.

"Go my dear" valeria softly said as she scratches summer's chin lovingly.

He licks her hand before running away to rickon.

Valeria smiled as she shared a look with bran, the group started walking again.

Valeria listened on bran's and jojen's conversation, smiling to herself as she started to notice how bran's voice was a bit deeper than before.

She peeked beside her as she walked, watching his sharp nose and fluffy brown hair that had gone long, bounce as the cart he rode on pass by the rocky rode.

Her heart flutters by the mere sight of him.

Valeria turned to look at the two as they spoke about the three eyed raven and how it gives sight.

"You speak as if seeing the future, past and present brings any good" valeria piped up after jojen's words.

"Why not? Wouldn't you want to change one thing in the past?" He countered back with a smile.

Valeria scoffs as she smiled at his stupidity. "Butterfly effect. A small change can alter big outcomes." She mumbled.

"You're targaryen." He suddenly stated making bran turn wary of him.

Everyone would notice that fact by the color of her pale hair. But it was a dangerous fact to randomly be spoken out.

Valeria nodded to confirm his words. "You're also cursed" he continued which made her stop.

Bran's cart also stopped as his eyes darted to jojen with a glare of suspicion. He knew of the curse, he wasn't so sure how jojen would have. "How'd you know about that" he warily asked.

"I've seen it. Your were cursed to remember you're past lives over and over again" jojen said with a sense of empathy as Valeria's dual eyes stared back at him.

Valeria bit her tongue as she turned around to continue walking, ultimately ignoring jojen.

She did not need to confirm or deny anything.

"What else have you seen?" Bran mumbled as his hand reached for Valeria's as a sort of comfort.

It was alright for everyone to know about her remembering her past lives but the curse that was placed on her and the reason why she has it is not something she'd like everyone to know.

Everyone but bran. She told him already. She was scared to do so but she was glad she did. His view of her never changed.

"The only thing that matters. You" jojen said to bran.

Valeria scoffs quietly. "I would appreciate if you stop flirting with my husband" she said in a teasing manner as she raised her eyebrows at jojen.

He chokes on his own saliva in surprise as bran could only laugh at his wife's words. "Never thought I'd see you get jealous" he jokingly said as he brings her hand up to his lips, kissing it tenderly.

She rolled her eyes playfully as she shrugs at him.

The two boys continued their talk, they seem to bond after some time considering they have similar experience about the topic.

Valeria is actually glad about it. She wanted bran to have normal experiences that he should be having at his age.

He needed a friend.

She can't say the same with meera and osha though.
.

"Are you two really married?" Meera asked the girl as she follows through with Valeria's suggestion of adding the herbs she picked to the rabbit meat.

She's never added anything to the rabbits she cooked before so this was all new to her.

" Maester luwin married them in hiding when winterfell was taken— he was able to record it in our books." Rickon explained excitedly.

He always liked that small ceremony they had inside the dark crypts. He claimed it magical for some reason.

Valeria thinks he's just happy to have happiness that day instead of despair.

Not to mention the lemon tarts they had.

"Im glad he did. The world will know how brandon stark married the last Targaryen" Valeria mumbled to meera.

Meera and osha seemed to start to get along a little bit after their little fight where bran and valeria had to force them to finally make up since They've been nasty to each other for weeks since meera and jojen arrived.

Sometimes it seems like valeria and bran are the parents of the group— well mostly Valeria.

"Woah. That taste good" jojen said as soon as they bit into their dinner.

Rickon giggled a little. "Val makes good food" he simply stated earning head pats from valeria.

"You should drink your tea jojen, it'll help with the drawbacks of warging" Valeria's sweet voice hollered.

Jojen gulped as he stared at the greenish drink making meera laugh. "He hated anything that taste like leaves,— thank you valeria, for the medicine" meera said with a soft smile to the younger girl.

Valeria ate beside bran, earning his praise and thanks knowing he'd probably have tasteless food if she wasn't here.

They've already turned 12 and they didn't even have time to celebrate whatsoever.

Just a few kisses here and there.

Days would turn to nights, their days filled with hunting, walking, sometimes laughing, stories and more walking.

Bran would wake up every once in a while gasping for air. Sometimes valeria would also wake, immediately gushing over him asking him what's wrong.

Jojen would sometimes be awake already, the two meeting in their dreams most likely connected to the three eyed raven. Then they'd quietly discuss about it's message as bran played with Valeria's hair, urging her to sleep.
.
.
"My love, does your legs hurt?" Valeria, in her drunken sleepy state asked after being woken up by bran and jojen's voice.

She was laying on his legs, like she always did when they were younger. He would never say when he was going numb which would make her feel guilty. She'd nag at him for minutes on end as she massages his legs.

bran could only chuckle at her cuteness before shaking his head no. "I guess being cripple has it's perks."