chapter 35

valeria's point of view

"he is lost. come with me or die with him" it said.

or should i say the child said?

i turned to meera and jojen helplessly as i made sure hodor came in time to carry bran to the cave. as soon as he carried him i immediately sprinted to the reed siblings, falling to my knees beside jojen.

"valeria!" i could hear bran call out.

but i don't think my poor husband was aware that his bestfriend had been stabbed. "oh my- No no-" i mumbled out as soon as i saw the gushing blood form his stomach.

all his organs had been stabbed. the child was right. he is lost.

"no.. jojen" my voiced cracked, i can see the despair on meera's face.

"f-fix him please" her voice trembled as her hold on jojen tightens. " go with them" he says to his older sister.

before meera could even open her mouth  we both turned at the sound of thrashing ice. 

i can feel the panic course through my body as i saw multiple skeletons slowly rose before they ran to us.

"C-come on let's drag him-" i panickedly said.

I saw the flash of fear in meera's eyes, my heart dropping when i heard the sound of the knife she took from the skull on the ground.

"Save yourselves- you can't drag me-" he tried to say as i pulled on his clothes.

He was cringing in pain, as i tried to pull. Meera's hands stopped mine as she closed her eyes breathing heavily.

"No-" i mumbled when she quickly slashes his throat.

She shuddered.

"Run!" Was the only thing i could say as i pulled her up.

Adrenaline rushed within us as we ran without looking back. I can hear the cackling of their bones as they ran after us, it sent goosebumps all over my body.

We finally reached the caves and as soon as we slid to turn the corner we both jumped and flinched hearing the shattering of bones behind us.

I can feel my lungs burn as i tried to regain my breath. My eyes turned to see bran on the floor just infront of me, breathing heavily from the anxiety.

I breathed a small sigh of relief as i immediately scurried to him, hands patting down his body.

He can be hurt for all i know.

He did the same as soon as i reached him, checking my body, my arms for anything broken and as soon as he found nothing, he pulled me down into his arms.

I was devastated and the ghostly painful look on his face says it all. He saw jojen getting stabbed.

His bestfriend.

His eyes. When i looked up from his embrace it was still looking at the entrance of the cave.

It was like he was waiting for jojen to get through.

But we both know that he won't come back.

"The can't follow us in. The magic that moves them are powerless here." We heard.

Meera and i shared a look before we turned to the mythical being.

"Who are you?" Bran asked.

"The first men called us the children but we were born way before them" it explained. "Come now, he's waiting for you both"

My eyes immediately turned to bran and our eyes met.

The three eyed raven.

We'll finally meet.

______

Hodor carried bran as i trailed behind them, hands latched onto meera in a comforting way.

We both didn't speak. If we spoke of it, it would feel all the more real that jojen's really gone.

My eyes traveled around the narrow hallways covered with vines and roots.

I can feel my eyebrows furrow as a sense of nostalgia overcomes my senses. Each turn becomes more familiar as i realized what place this is.

"This place" i couldn't help but mumble out loud.

"What is it?" Meera slowly asked with trembling lips.

"This is where my first life happened— where i killed myself" i quietly said as soon as we turned the corner entering an area.

My heart skipped a beat as i saw the roots gather from everywhere until it met in the middle.

This room.

And that exact spot.

Was where i took my life.

"Go" meera softly says shaking me out of my thoughts.

I can feel my eyebrows furrow as i turned to her only for her to push me forward, only then did i notice that bran had already crawled his way infront of the old man.

I stepped silently through the roots before kneeling beside bran.

Although we were quiet I'm pretty sure we still made a lot of noise for him to atleast notice our presence but then again, he can anywhere-any when? At the moment..

"You're the three eyed raven" bran's booming voice echoed through the walls.

I waited for the man to finally answer. "I've been many things- but now, i am what you see"

My heart pounded as a feeling of deja vu surrounded my body.

Those were the exact same words the dove told me...

"My brother - he led us to you- and now he-" the despair in meera's broken voice..

I can feel my heart shatter as my lips wavered. I gulped my feelings down as i stop myself from yelling at the man infront of me.

"He knew what would happen and yet he still went" he simply said.

"Now you've come to me atlast. Brandon stark— and the last dove, Valeria Targaryen" he said after much words

"I didn't want anyone to die for us" bran immediately spouted and i can hear the malice and despair from his voice.

I couldn't the frustration building up as i finally spoke "He didn't have to die- it was literally a few feet from safety and-"

"He died so you both can find what you've lost-" he explained much to my frustration.

I shut my mouth as my eyes turned to bran, knowing the first thought that would come to his mind is- "you're going to help me walk again.."

My heart almost broke at the hopefulness his voice held.

"You'll never walk again.

But you both will fly ."

______

AN: Fck midterms fck college .