chapter 56

Valeria's chin was up as she sat beside bran who had catelyn on his lap as usual, chewing on her tiny fist.

Beside bran was sansa, authority oozing from her as she watched the guards accompany arya in. And beside sansa was rickon, he sat proud on his chair with a stoic face.

Valeria's lips couldn't help but twitch upwards as her eyes subtly glanced to see lord baelish's accomplised smile.

He is in for the biggest surprise of his life.

It was quiet as the guards left arya in the middle of the room, where all the starks stared at her blankly as did the other bannermen inside the room.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" She simply said.

It was silent as sansa stares at her. "It's not what i want but what honor demands"

Valeria can see littlefinger's sly smirk as he leans on the wall.

"It demands that i protect my family from those who would harm us, the north from those who'd betray us" everyone can hear the malice from sansa's words.

Arya was calm as she always was as she spoke to sansa.

Sansa breathes in before she speaks with her stoic face. "You stand accused of murder, stand accused of treason. How do you answer these charges..."

With her words all the Starks' eyes turned from arya to lord baelish.

"..Lord Baelish." She finishes.

The lord in question felt his heart stop as he heard his name, confusion wracked his mind as he turned to look at the table, only to see all the starks staring at him with blank expressions.

All the people in the room turned to look at the once proud lord.

He was quiet not quite believing what he heard as he turned to the crowd and sansa.

Valeria chuckled in amusement especially after seeing Arya's smile. " My sister asked you a question."

"Forgive me lady sansa.." he slowly said making her raise her brows. "..i. i'm a bit confused"

To this sansa kept a straight face. "Which charges confuse you?" With that sansa stated to everyone in the room how he murdered lysa arryn by pushing her out the moon door.

" earlier before that You conspired to murder the former hand Lord arryn by giving aunt lysa tears of lys, do you deny it?" Sansa pressed on.

The more she spoke the more valeria saw how much panicked and off guard little finger was. Just as they planned.

Sansa then brought out into the open about how he conspired with the queen to betray their father which later on resulted in him getting executed.

"I deny it! None of you were there to see what happened." He tried to reason, the gears of his brain had moved much to his relief.

But bran's words caught him off guard once again. "You held a knife to his throat. You said that you told him not to trust you"

Bran could've been lying despite having the sight, but everyone saw the look on baelish's face.

It was enough to confirm bran's words.

"You told my mother that this knife was tyrion lannisters. But its another one of your lies... its yours." Arya spoke from behind him as she pulled the knife that bran had given her.

Baelish was speechless as he watched arya walk to valeria, handing her the knife.

Valeria stood as she softly traced her finger on the blade.

"After my husband and i fell into a coma, you ordered your men to kill him with this knife and to burn me in my room alive... Do you deny it?" Valeria's soft voice contrasted with her blank face making everyone shiver as she handed the knife back to arya.

Sansa's words grew louder as she further pushed his mind into a corner until it finally sunk into him how he will never win this trial.

Bran knew what was to come, his hands carried his child, turning her to bury her head into his chest

And soon lord baelish begged, begged and begged until arya had finally cut his throat.

Despite choking on his own blood he still tried to talk, believing he could talk his way out of it.

But alast he took his last breath on the floor, blood in a puddle underneath him, and everyone just stood to watch him do so.

"Dismissed." Sansa called out to everyone as she stood to leave.
____________

"She'll be a great queen." Valeria said as she sat on sansa's bed.

"But the north wants independence, we already suffered enough" sansa argued.

They were talking about Valeria's thoughts about Daenerys, considering she's seen how the girl is through her sight.

"We can always just ask for an alliance? Considering I'm targaryen, possibly her cousin, wouldn't my marriage with bran be enough as a means of alliance?" Valeria suggested.

"But jon had already bent the knee, and showing you are a targaryen who had married a lord in the north might make you a threat to her" sansa said worriedly.

She learned to think of the worst things that could happen.

Valeria sighed knowing she was right.

"But we should still offer our thanks and courtesy to her. She's coming to help us save the north. She could leave but she didn't."

Sansa could only nod at her words, both had a point.

"How's your dragon?" She diverted the conversation.

Valeria smiled at this, "draken's doing fine, i fed him earlier at Godswoods, took him out for a ride."

"He's pretty odd, no offence but i was somehow expecting someone to come through our door claiming he'd somehow eat their livestocks or worse, their child." Sansa said carefully

Valeria shrugged as she ate another strawberry, she wasn't offended at all, that is how dragons are.

"He is odd for a dragon, he even likes the cold, always rubbing his belly on ice" she said with a chuckle.

____________