chapter 52

"Bran, love" valeria called out as she entered the room

Bran seemed surprised when he looked up at her, his eyebrows furrowing when his eyes met hers.

"How is it that i couldn't see you.. i can see everything but when it comes to you I don't know what will happen next" he said slowly in confusion as she sat down infront of him.

"Maybe because I'm still a part of you" she told him softly.

His emotionless face suddenly softens at the sight of her, his hands rose up to her and she could only smile.

She immediately stood up, pouncing on him as she settled in his arms sitting on his lap.

It was silence as she cuddled into him lovingly, she missed his scent, his warmth.

"Bran love" she started knowing that sooner or later they'll have to talk about his current situation.

"My love. You'll have to understand, I'm not Bran anymore-"

"But you are" she argued softly, "And if you are not, i wouldn't care. I would still stay by you— i will never leave you"

"But you are bran. You will always be bran" he stubbornly told him in a stern way as she pulled away to look at his face.

To her surprise it wasn't emotionless anymore, it's like she was talking to her husband. To bran.

"I. I don't know how to explain it but at this very moment i'm not just here. I'm everywhere-" he tried to say.

but valeria hushed his frantic mumblings knowing he was slowly becoming overwhelmed.

"Calm down my love." She softly said as she stood in front of him.

He sighed and she can see the frustration on his face, "i don't know what to do— i have to be the raven- i already am the raven! I can't be bran anymore but i don't want you to lose me.. I'm losing myself— I've lost myself.." he frustratingly said.

Valeria's heart broke as she stared at him, listening to his worries.

This was too much of a burden for him to carry.. and yet he's still here trying his best to carry it.

"I don't want our child to have an emotionless stupid raven for a father.." he slowly mumbled in despair.

"But i can't stop it. I'm not bran anymore.."

Valeria smiled sadly as her hands caressed his face wiping the tears away.

"I know. But you knew what it was like to be him and That makes you bran. My bran. I- I lived 23 lives and each was different but i remembered what it was like to be each one of those person—or animal, cause no matter what it was still me. I remembered each feeling and impulsion I've felt. Each happiness and sadness." Valeria told him.

He sobbed. He was somehow happy that atleast one person understands what is happening to him. What he is currently feeling.

"It'll take time but you'll get used to it.. you can still be bran. You'll always be my little wolf, my husband" she lovingly told him.

And somehow it did sunk into him. He understood what she was saying, and for her— and their child. He was willing to do it.

He'll be bran.

He is Bran.

___________________

"You look lovely" bran told valeria as she approached him.

They are currently in godswood spending their free time alongside rickon.

"Oh come on Cat! It wouldn't hurt to leave your father's arms" rickon whined as he continued to try taking cat from bran.

Bran slapped his arm away to which rickon continued his annoyed muttering.

Valeria laughed at them as she sat down with them, showing the basket full of strawberries that she picked earlier.

"Here" valeria mumbled as she brought a strawberry to his lips.

Bran smiled softly before eating it. "Uwah~" Cat cooed as she tried to snatch one.

"I forgot how lovey dovey you two are" rickon cringed as he jokingly gagged.

Valeria could only laugh at his words as they all continued their talks, feelings of nostalgia overcoming their senses as they look around godswoods.

"The dragon queen had just permitted jon to mine the dragon glass" valeria suddenly spoke out much to bran and rickon's surprise.

That was so. Sudden. And out of topic too.

"How come i didn't see that?" Bran asked confusedly.

Valeria laughed at his confused face. He was becoming more like himself as time goes by. "You forgot that everything i already saw cannot be seen by you" she simply explained.

"Oh.." bran shrugged before biting onto another strawberry.

Rickon scoffed in disbelief at the two.

"How come you two came back with some sort of super power and all sansa and i got is trauma?"

Valeria and bran laughed at his words but he was genuinely confused.

"Here, this ones sweet" bran said as he gave valeria a strawberry he already bit into.

And as valeria chewed onto it, a sense of deja vu came over her.

(Flashback from chapter 14)

"rickon dear, keep close please!" she said as she saw the kid run around a bit to far.

"yes mother!" he said with a laugh.

he started to sometimes call her that specially when he misses catelyn.

"here. this one's sweet" bran mumbled bringing a strawberry he already bit into, up to her mouth.

she without a care, ate it.

Valeria couldn't help but chuckle a little at the memory.

"Finally- see~ uncle is better than papa right?" Rickon cooed as he carried catelyn.

Only for her to cry.

Bran and valeria sighed. "Rickon!"