chapter 29- summer.

AN: hi there is an interesting 👀 part to this chapter that you may SKIP IF YOU WAN'T. it's not too graphic but erm just yeah.

Bran held valeria into his chest as they rested inside a cave

He was growing nervous as time goes by. She still hasn't woken up. Her eyes clouded white as she blankly laid there.

"My love, wake up" he whispered to her over and over.

Meera was restless as she walked back and forth looking at valeria every now and then. She stopped in frustration. "She should be awake by now" she said worriedly.

"The raven is talking to her" jojen suddenly piped out.

Bran's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Why would the raven speak to her?.

"Why?" Bran asked.

But before jojen can even answer they all jumped when valeria suddenly gasped out, she was gasping for air, hands grabbing onto brans as he tried to calm her down.

"Im here, you're alright" he continuously whispered to her as he rocked them both.

the memories of her dream and past flew back into her. it scared her. the idea that bran would be the raven scared her. the burden of carrying the memories of the world is overwhelming and although bran has a strong mind, he had already experienced too much.

she was scared he'd do the same thing she had. she can't watch him go insane until he kills himself. the worse part is the curse.

the same curse she had.

"you should go back" she said as she tried to breath properly.

im not letting him experience what i had experienced before. i'll carry the burden by myself if i have to.

a look of confusion washed over bran's face as he looked at her, looking for any sort of problems or injuries.

"what-" he confusedly said.

"valeria stop that" jojen sternly said. " the raven had already chosen him- the both of you, you can't stop it" he said as he crouched beside her.

she glared at him, as her arms wrapped around bran in a protective manner. " i'm not going to watch him suffer until he kills himself" she whispered as she glared at jojen.

bran looked at the two confusedly, he can't register what his wife was pertaining to.

" this is your chance to break your curse, you'll be here to help bran" jojen said as he caress her hair to somehow eased her. "what happened to you won't happen to him. he has you for that"

his words registered into her head and she can only let out a frustrated sigh. he was right. 

valeria sighed as she laid against bran.