chapter 46

Valeria gasped as she was suddenly pulled out.

Her eyes roamed around in a panic only to realize that she was now inside her room in castle black with catelyn cooing inside her crib.

Valeria grew worried knowing what would entail after bran had inherited the raven.

Memories of the world must be flashing through his eyes at the moment.

Valeria stood up, grabbing her bow and arrow. She can't sit still while bran and meera are being chased by whitewalkers.

She has seen what happened to hodor... And summer.

Her first child.

Her baby.

And now he's gone, slaughtered like a pig.

Anger and grief filled her, she felt like crying but she had to keep it all in at the moment.

Just as she was about to move the barricade she placed on her door she stopped.

"Mwaa?" Catelyn cooed.

And right then and there, valeria realized that she can't just leave and go back north.

She turned to her child as she sighed. She might have lost summer but she still has two of her children she'll need to protect.

Not to mention saving rickon and aiding sansa in getting winterfell back.

Something in her was telling her that bran would survive, like she's seen it happen.

An inkling perhaps?.

Valeria took catelyn into her arms before she sat back down again, catelyn was yawning too much although she just woke up from her sleep.

She is definitely hungry.

As she was feeding catelyn she remembered she had to go and see what the other families were up to.

.

"There you are! Ser edd" Valeria's sweet voice rang as she saw Jon's appointed lord commander.

All the men near them stopped to look and gawk at the young mother— the prettiest one they'd ever seen. Not to mention a targaryen.

The last living one from what they know. It's not a sight you'd see everyday.

Edd turned at the voice only to almost stutter at the sight of the beautiful young lady, with a month old baby in her arms.

"Ah, Ah yes my lady. I'm no knight— what do you need?" He said in a stutter.

Her dual colored eyes were somehow making him weak as he stared.

Valeria chuckled ever so gracefully, you'd think years in the wild would make her lose her gracefulness.

"I was wondering if you have doves here, but ravens would also be alright" she asks him.

Before he could ask why he remembered Jon's words.

"Never question her just do as she says unless she wants to head back north— and if she asks for sourdough bread, never give her any, it upsets her stomach." He sternly said before he left.

Edd chuckled at the memory before he nod at the young lady, "I'll have keith send you that one dove he captured the other day." He said with a smile.

"Thank you-" valeria smiles, "MwaAa!" Cat let out with her adorable smile.

__________

"She has Bran's nose" sansa smiled as she held catelyn. "And my mother's name" she whispers before she looks to valeria.

Valeria smiled at her, "and your red hair that i would've died for when we were younger" she jokingly said.

Sansa laughed at the memory, valeria would always fawn at her red hair saying how uncommon it is to have that color, like it was kissed by flames.

All the more while being the only one in the entirety of westeros to have pale white hair.

"So. How are you going to talk with lady mormont?" Sansa asked her in confusion.

Valeria had already told them what she saw through the dove's eyes, which houses to avoid and which to head to first.

Lady mormont is the only one Valeria's willing to talk and convince through a dream, mostly because she is a girl unlike the other old lords.

"Through dreams" valeria simply answered.

.
.
.
"Who are you?" A child of ten asked.

Valeria turned around from admiring the greenery she hasn't seen in years, a soft smile reaching her face when she saw the ten year old's wary stature.

"You must be Lady mormont?" She softly asked.

The child grew more wary, but her heart somehow softens as she stares at the girl infront of her.

She can't be older than 17.

"Your hair.." she whispers as she stares at the white hair.

She's read of targaryens, everyone her age has. The fighting and dragon riding was fascinating.

Valeria chuckled as she went to sit on the grass with flowers surrounding them. "It's usually my eyes that everyone notices first" her sweet voice rang. "Don't be scared. You're allowed to be a child here.."

It registered to the little lady that she's dreaming, her wariness dissapeared as she slowly sat infront of valeria.

Valeria's eyes stared fondly at the child infront of her, it's like looking at a younger version of herself.

"Why do you stare like you know me?" The young lady asked in confusion.

"I don't" valeria simply said.

"I was your age when i became lady of winterfell— bran had to become lord since robb had to leave for war" she started telling her. "The pressure was overwhelming, having to care for many people at such a young age was hard."

Lyanna mormont, she sighs as tears slowly gathered on the rim of her eyes. She felt so burdened with her title and no one had ever came to notice. No one seem to know the feeling either.

"It's okay to cry you know?. You can't keep it all in or you'll explode" valeria softly said as she caressed her cheeks.

Lyanna gulped her feelings down as her eyebrows furrowed. "You were lady of winterfell.. Brandon stark... You're Valeria Targaryen—"

"Stark. Valeria Stark, I'm married to brandon stark" she smiled at her.

"But- but you're still targaryen! I have read a lot about targaryens and their dragons!" She excitedly said, her inne child was showing.

"I've always wanted to meet you.." she whispers excitedly.

The two spoke, not about wars or anything, just simple things they would've talked about if the circumstances were different.

"I must leave now, my child is waiting for me" valeria told her as she stood.

Lyanna followed in suit her face in a frown, "b-but do you have to? Will we meet again?"

Valeria smiles as she slowly disappears, "perhaps?".