chapter 12- fire

Arya, sansa and the royal children wept as they left for kingslanding with their friend and brother unmoving on the bed.

Bran fell into a coma and the maester had ruled him cripple after further inspection, lady catelyn cried in sadness for her child.

She stayed inside bran's room for days, she didn't leave hoping he would wake up.

Valeria was a lucky one although she did fell into a coma at least she didn't lose her legs. But the other night she caught a cold, she convulsed on the bed, right next to bran.

Lady catelyn sent the poor girl to the other part of the castle to be cared for, she couldn't take any more heart break, if something were to happen to valeria right in front of her.

Robb entered the room, trying to get his mother to leave and rest but this lead to an argument.

"Please! Stop that noise i couldn't take it anymore"

To that robb's attention turned to the window." Fire" he mumbled.

Lady catelyn's eyes snapped. "That's Valeria's room" she mumbled.

She just had vivian move some of Valeria's stuff there, ones that valeria would want once she wakes.

"Stay here" robb said in a haste as he ran.

.

.

"VALERIA" vivian shouted over and over again as she and theon tried to smash the heavy door open.

Smoke was coming from under the door and they panicked even more. The room was a bit ways up so going through the window was almost impossible.

Robb finally came to the two after the ladders outside made it possible to atleast pour water on the raging fire.

Inside the room. valeria, in a hazed state, opened her eyes trying to look around, but the light of the fire was blinding.

Her head pounded horribly and a white pain covered a portion of her forehead, only for her to feel at ease when the flames brushed against her head.

she felt  the fire eating her clothes and fur blankets. It didn't hurt. It was rather comforting for her.

It gave her the strength to even sit up in her groggy state. She heard the crackling of fire, the burning of woods, the soft shoutings and chaos outside.

Is the whole castle burning? Am i dreaming? Where's bran..

she wondered in a daze, but cracking sounds caught her attention.

Her head turned to her bedside table seeing the egg burn. It cracked and cracked until it fell apart and out peeped a bluish reptile.

It could only be one thing.

"Dragon" she mumbled as her hands reached out to cradle the yawning creature.

It's eyes met her as she softly cradled it to her naked body, her charred clothes left her skin with ashes.

It let out noises as it stared at her, wondering if she was it's mother.

She smile at this. She was her mother. Now she has two children. Summer being her first.

"Draken" she called out as she ran her fingers on his scaly skin.

"That's your name" she mumbled as the fire quietened down and the pounding door slowly grew louder.

With ashes stuck all throughout her body, her porcelain skin was hidden.

Vivian was sobbing when she pushed through robb. She had already shouted at the young lord for being too slow earlier. She stopped seeing the large heterochromia eyes staring at her.

She hadn't seen that in weeks. Her heart pounded thinking she was going crazy, then she heard her sweet voice.

Although it was a bit hoarse.

"Vivian?"

___________________

Only robb, theon and vivian knew about the dragon but everyone in winterfell heard the news of their little lady not burning.

Valeria was already loved by everyone in winterfell as she made great efforts to be favorable.

She cared more to be loved than to actually love.

"Where's lady catelyn?" She asked vivian as they walked to bran's room.

She's been wanting to go to him since last night but robb specifically told her to rest first.

"She said she was going to the tower" vivian answered as she opened the door for the girl.

She needs to speak with her. She was certain bran got pushed.

Her heart dropped when her eyes landed on bran. She immediately ran to his side, engulfing him in a hug.

"They said he'll never walk again." Vivian sadly mumbled as she pats Valeria's hair.

The poor girl was sobbing in sadness. Bran would be devasted when he wakes up. "My poor wolf" she mumbles as she sniffs.

"He must've slipped—"

"No. Someone pushed him. I saw it"

Vivian's eyes widened in realization. "He— he must've saw something he shouldn't. They wanted him dead."

"What? How are you so sure?"

"Someone came while you were burning— tried to stab bran."

Valeria gasped as she unconsciously tightened her hold on bran. "Take me to lady catelyn."

_______

Valeria with her cloak on walked up to lady catelyn's group in godswood much to their surprise.

Catelyn engulfed valeria in a motherly hug before giving her a kiss on top of her head. " You should be resting" she mumbled as she almost teared up in happiness.

"I have something to tell you"

"It's not a great time darling—"

"Bran was pushed." She stated seriously

This solidified catelyn's claim as both their blood boiled in anger. " I knew it" she mumbled as she turned to her council.

"I must go tell Ned— this was the Lannisters' doing"

"I'll come with—" robb suggested but he was turned down.

"There must always be a stark at winterfell."

Valeria nodded at this. The starks should have never left winterfell..