chapter 42

"valeria, you now it wouldn't hurt to let go of his arm right?" Meera said in amusement as she wipes her knifes clean.

The girl only hummed as she rests her cheeks onto bran's arm.

Her habit of wrapping her arms around his arm from when they were children somehow came back now that she's pregnant.

His warmth was comforting.

Bran was off to training as usual. He's stubborn, unlike valeria. So training had been a slow progress for him.

Whilst Valeria's done with hers.

She's been refusing to leave his side, it felt wrong not to be holding his hands or being in close proximity to him.

Meera even joked that the child must be asking for their father.

Bran didn't mind one bit and he made sure she was warm every minute of the day.

"Are you cold??" Meera asked her as she readied the fire.

Valeria was feeling cold more than before when she got pregnant. It's like her child was also asking for heat, as if her body's want for heat wasn't enough.

Valeria didn't even deny it she just nodded her head as she shivers.

"My breast are so tender, it hurts" she quietly complained as she pouts.

Meera chuckled, "i am so not getting pregnant"
_______

"no no— I'm not ready yet! Argh!" Valeria screamed as she clutched her stomach.

"Shit shit" meera screamed as she ran around the cave, panicking as they readied where she would lay.

It's been a complete moon and what valeria was fearing has come.

She's giving birth.

The children of the forest gathered as they readied the cloths they would use for her blood, herbs were being boiled and bran..

Was currently in training.

"Love. My love come back to me" valeria whimpered as she insisted that hodor place her beside bran.

Her hand involuntary grabbed his as she groaned in pain. She squeeze his palms.

Valeria couldn't help but whimper, cry and scream as she clutch her stomach.

"Valeria, valeria look at me!" Meera frantically said to her as she grabbed her shoulder so she could lay down.

Valeria breathed heavily. She was scared.

In all her 23 lives this was the first time she would bore a child. She had always failed before.

"Val. Valeria. You can do this. You are a mother of a dragon and a direwolf. You are strong enough to endure this, you are a stark" meera assured her lovingly.

They both flinched as she screamed in pain, and a gasp was heard beside her. "W-what's happening?"

Bran's confused voice rung out as he saw the chaos around him, until his eyes landed on Valeria's prompt upped legs— blood dripping from it.

Panic rose up within him as his eyes darted at Valeria's scared, crying ones. "M-my love you-.. you're giving birth? Right now?!" He frantically says in disbelief and panic.

"Yes! Yes right now! Argh!" She screamed in annoyance as pain filled her up once again.

The pain was traveling through her spine which made her cry in pain.

"What do we do?" His booming voice said as he looked up at the raven.

"Slowly now. Breathe my dear, then push" the bloodraven instructed from the tree as meera and one of the children of the forest sat infront of her.