chapter 15- osha.

"we're not alone. We have knights with us" valeria lied.

"I don't see them" the man said creepily.

Their eyes roamed Valeria's face and milky skin in a disgusting way making goosebumps crawl throughout her body.

"hold onto me" bran mumbled to valeria as his hand reached behind to somehow give space between her and the other man.

"Be quick about it!" The guy said, ordering bran to get down from the horse.

"I can't. It's the straps" he said.

The other men pulled valeria off the horse much to bran's horror as she squealed, squirming to get away. "Hold her. I like this odd thing. Freaky eyes" he said with a creepy smile.

Bran's heart dropped to his stomach.

"Get off me!" "Let her go!"

He pushed her to the woman before he grabbed bran's cloak off to reveal his strapped legs. "What are you? Some kind of cripple?" He confusedly asked.

Bran seemed irked that he was called a cripple. "Im brandon stark of winterfell! And I'll have you all killed if you don't let her go-"

The man seemed irked as his companion started to cut the straps off carelessly "I'll cut your cock off and put it in your-"

Valeria's eyes widened in horror at the way he was cutting the straps off.

"Please be carefull! You'll cut him!" valeria said from osha's hands as she tried to get away.

"She's right. That's benjen Stark's own blood. We should take him to mance-"

"No!" Valeria interjected in frustration. "You're hurting him!" She cried out after seeing the cut on bran's legs.

He didn't even flinch.

"Drop the knife"

_____

"Are you sure it doesn't hurt?" She gushes around him as she watches maester luwin fix up bran's wound.

He chuckled a little at her frantic antics before nodding.

"Are you?" He asked to which she immediately shook her head.

She actually wanted to talk with the wilding after she heard some of their conversation earlier. Specifically about the whitewalkers.

Did they actually saw one?.

"Bran dear, do you mind if i go find that girl from earlier?" She asked, knowing how depress he gets whenever she's not around.

He smiled at her before he shook his head.

She smiled softly, giving him a kiss on the cheek, she then said goodbye to the two before heading out to where she thinks she'll find the girl.

After turning a few corridors she heard voices, and finally she entered the hall. "—You're an impudent little wench aren't you?—"

"Theon that's rude" she sternly said as soon as she enters the room, making theon flinch embarrassingly.

He didn't like it when valeria catches him being n asshole. He likes the halo image he has on her, makes him feel special.

Theon immediately stood up letting go of the wildling's cheek as he embarrassingly turned to valeria. "I don't think that's how you treat a lady. Especially our guest" she said with a frown as she stood infront of them.

"She's a prisoner-"

"She is indeed our guest, greyjoy" maester luwin said sternly as he arrived.

"I am no lady, little lady" the wilding said as she crouched.

Valeria reaches her hand to help the older girl up. "What's your name?" She sweetly said.

"Osha. Little lady" she said with a look of curiosity as she took her hand, standing up.

Valeria smiled at her with her large dual colored eyes that osha couldn't help but look into as if it was calling out to her.

"Could you accompany me to the courtyard?" Valeria was itching to talk to her.

"I have chores—"

"Nonsense! Theon wouldn't mind— right theo?" Valeria sweetly called.

Theon could only sigh in relief that she's not mad at him as he accepted his fate with a nod. "Sure val" he mumbled before grabbing osha's dried weeds.

_________

Footsteps were heard making valeria move in her sleep, legs ultimately moving to top of bran's stomach. "What is it? Whats happened?" Bran suddenly said after robb woke him.

"Huh?" Valeria let out as rubbed her eyes open.

She was confused why her head was now hanging over the bed but nonetheless she just shuffled to sit up, seeing robb's amused face. "Where are you going?" She asked after seeing his clothes.

"South. For father" he explained making Valeria's stomach drop.

She's really not liking how the starks keep leaving winterfell.

Bran's eyes seemed to light up a little. "Take me with you— i can already ride! You've seen me-"

"There should always be a stark in winterfell and until i return that will be you." He explained. "Don't leave the castle walls while im gone, listen to maester luwin, take care of rickon—and your little wife" he explained.

It hurts how things are slowly changing, and Valeria's not sure if it'll ever go back to the way things were before.

Bran nodded his head at what robb said. "Do you have to leave?" Valeria sadly said as she sniffed.

Robb sighed, he'd already seen her as his little sister and her sniffling figure wasn't helping.

He patted their heads with a sad smile as he nods, "if you don't hear from me, don't be afraid." He said before saying his farewell, leaving the two back to their sleep.

Bran was now officially lord of winterfell.
_________

Osha hummed in delight as she shoved tart after tart into her mouth. "I didn't know southerners could make good food" she said in amazement.

Something about Valeria makes her feel comfortable to open up and be trustful to the girl.

It's been days after her initial plan to talk about white walkers but it ultimately turned into a talk on what's the current situation with the wildlings, new hierarchy or generally just stuff about beyond the wall.

Last time valeria was beyond the wall was her 11th life. When they buried dragon glass for the future generations to use for when the whitewalkers ever comes back.

"So about your dream-" osha said as they started to walk, with bran high above on her shoulder. "About the raven."

"It had three eyes" he said.

Valeria zoned out, already knowing about it. Bran continued to coerce osha into going inside the crypts and when she did agree, valeria opted to staying up the ground. It always gave her the creeps.

A few minutes of waiting, she heard them ascend. "Yoh both miss him, it's only natural that he's in your thoughts " she heard osha say.

But as soon as they approached her she turned to where bran stared, seeing the sad eyes of maester luwin made her stomach churn.

"Bran." He shakily said as he shook his head softly.

Bran's eyes stared at the letter in his hand.

Valeria's hands went to her mouth as something had seemed to block in her lungs. Tears sprung in her eyes after she saw bran's devastated look as he read the letter.

"Val" he whispered further in shock. "Father's dead"