Nevermore

Cyborg, Robin, Starfire, and I stand on the streets of Jump City. On an overturned armored truck with gold spilling out stands a goateed man in a skintight black suit with a lightbulb on his chest and white accents.

"Your pathetic skills can't outshine the brilliance of Dr. Light!" He exclaims as he brings his glowing hands together and shoots a broad beam at us. We all jump out of the way and the beam destroys the street where we were standing. I whip around to see Robin--still airborne--throwing a birdarang. Dr. Light jumps off the truck and Robin lands where the villain once was. "You're fast, but I doubt you'll enjoy moving at the speed of light!"

Dr. Light opens the bulb on his chest which shoots out another beam, sending Robin over the building behind him. Beast Boy runs down the street and turns into a wolf. He leaps but Dr. Light ducks underneath him. "A wolf is no threat when it's blind as a bat!" He pulls a barrage of orbs off his belt and throws them at the green teen.

The orbs explode with a bright flash, disorienting Beast Boy. Dr. Light surrounds himself in a ball of light as Starfire throws starbolts. Once Star stops her attacks Dr. Light dissipates his shield and throws out a metal disk. The disk spins and traps Starfire in a bubble. I jump in behind the doctor and throw a punch. It lands and he slides backwards. Dr. Light's hands glow and he fires a beam at me. I smirk as the attack passes right through me.

"Oops. Wrong one," my illusion says before disappearing. The doctor stands up and looks around, seeing no one. Not even one of the other Titans. I appear behind him and throw a punch. Unfortunately, Dr. Light dodges. His hand glows and he punches me. My illusion disappears as I skid along the ground.

"Watch yourself, lightweight," Cyborg says as he rushes at Dr. Light with a car axle, "Things are about to get heavy!" He swings the axle, just missing Dr. Light who lands on his butt. A pink mist swirls around Dr. Light's hand before he fires a blast, hitting the axle and breaking it in two. Light summons a red ball over head and also sends it at Cyborg. The ball hits the armored vehicle behind the robotic Titan and it explodes.

The smoke clears to reveal Cyborg trapped in some sort of gray material. "Uh! Hey! Let me-"

"Now if nobody minds, I'll be taking the gold."

"I mind," Raven says, "Azarath Metrion Zin-" she gets cut off by a beam striking her in the chest and throwing her across the ground.

"Bit of advice. Find shorter magic words." Raven grits her teeth and her eyes glow white. The motorcycle sitting behind her floats off the street and at Dr. Light, who simply blasts it apart. He hits her with another beam, throwing her further down the street.

He walks right up to the cloaked teen who has her back to him.

"Don't come any closer."

"What's the matter? Afraid of the light?" Raven whips around with a two-toned growl and her eyes turn red. She towers over the villain by multiple feet. Black tendrils appear from beneath her billowing cloak and shoot at Dr. Light. "Ah! No! No!"

I watch in awe as the tendrils wrap around his limbs and sparks fly off his suit, "My suit! What are you-no, stop, you win, I surrender!" He claws at the street to prevent being pulled into Raven's cloak, but to no avail.

"What's the matter? Afraid of the dark?" Raven asks but in a much deeper voice.

"I surrender! NOOOOOO!!" The darkness swallows Dr. Light and his screaming stops.

"RAVEN! STOP!" Robin shouts as he rushes over. Raven gasps and her eyes turn back to normal. She returns to her normal height, revealing the villain in the fetal position. He looks... chewed up. Robin and Starfire crouch down on either side of Dr. Light. "It's okay. You're going to be alright."