Chapter 38

"I'm so excited," James beamed, every time anyone came to his house it was everything to him, now that Sirius had moved in he was always ecstatic about the holidays.

They were on the train and it was about noon, they would have a few more hours before being at kings cross.

"I'm surprised you two didn't burn the place down over the summer," Regulus said, his parents wanted him home every Christmas now that Sirius was gone, he didn't go home for the first three years of school.

"Don't ever invite Marls over," Remus added thinking about the recent event in potions.

"Euphemia loves me," Marlene snapped but she was smiling goofily like James was, happy to be bringing Dorcas home for Christmas.

Remus soon learnt that Marlene had been over a few times before and Euphemia did like her well.

The hours passed and the train finally pulled into the station. It was dark outside and the windows had fogged over from the cold air.

They began to say there goodbyes and wish merry Christmas to one another before getting of the express. Euphemia and Fleamont waited for them to arrive with smiles spread on there faces.

"Ah my boys, how have you all been?" Euphemia asked. If someone asked id Sirius and Remus were her son's she wouldn't deny it.

A chorus of good and how are you were given to her before she spoke again.

"Right so we're going to apparate, I'll take Sirius and Monty will take Remus I'll be back in two ticks James," she said and she took Sirius' arm and Fleamont took Remus' and they apparated.

There was a loud pop where they all landed at the Potters doorstep, and another when Euphemia disappeared again.

"Right let's get you in, she's already made some dinner up," Fleamont said unlocking the door and walking in. A few moments later there was another pop sound and Euphemia and James followed them in.

She had made up a pasta which they all enjoyed before the three decided to go to bed, the whole train ride was tiring and they were rather tired.

James waved a goodnight to them and Remus began to head towards the guess bedroom he had early placed his trunk in.

"Where are you going?" Sirius asked, he was chuckling.

"Bed?" Remus replied.

"Yeah, I realised that, but how about my bed?" Sirius said.

"Alright then," Remus replied and he let Sirius lead him to his room where they slipped into the bed toghether. Sirius wrapped his arms around Remus' waist and held him close until they both fell asleep.

The next week was filled with many fun activities, Peter joined them on most of them as he only lived a street away.

The four found themselves in the Muggle town nearby the day before Christmas eve when they ran into Marlene and Dorcas.

"Remus!" Marlene smiled wrapping her arms around him and hugging him.

"What are you doing here?" Remus chuckled.

"Didn't none of these idiots tell you, I'm neighbours with Pete, I spend half the summer with these nutcases, it's why Effie likes me so much," she smiled.

"How'd it go with your parents?" Remus asked, he was hoping but the fact Dorcas was still with Marlene and they both looked happy it had gone well.

"Oh amazing, they love her, who couldn't and they are supportive of our relationship," she smiled and Dorcas even flashed a grin to.

The two spent the day with them as they went round the town talking and buying sweets.

When Christmas came it was as joyus and festive as ever. They opened presents in the morning and the Christmas party the Potters always held came. The house was full with chatter and it seemed nearly all the neighbours had come.

James had brought his friends to his room it was him, Sirius, Remus, Peter, Marlene and Dorcas and they just talked, swapping chocolate frog cards and being happy, without a care in the world.

The Christmas holidays seemed to end as soon as they began and the new year came and Euphemia and Fleamont were soon at the station again saying goodbyes as they got onto the train.

There was something about this holiday that just seemed so amazing. The fact that a year ago Remus was bruised and finding it hard to even speak, the fact that Sirius had been there for him then and now a year later he was still here it made unexplainable thoughts come to his head, all that he could say was that he was sure that he could never stop loving Sirius.

The train whistle blew and it was off, they were in the carriage again, Regulus' mood that had been the same all along the holiday lightened upon seeing James who came over wrapping his arms around Regulus and lifting him from his seat and sitting back down with Regulus on his lap.

The group talked about their holidays and thanked each others for the gifts. The train journey went on and they grew more tired and finally they arrived.

Dumbledore started with a speech welcoming them back before the feast appeared. The hall echoed with the chatter of the students until they began to make their way to bed, James waited in the Gryffindor common room for a bit waiting for the students to make their way to bed before leaving and heading to Regulus dorm, he slipped in Regulus bed and held him close to him, Regulus hummed in satisfaction, being at home was never a pleasant thing, but being here in James arms was always the best place to be.

The weeks bled together and January came to an end. And James had made a new plan, he wanted to go on a midnight walk in the forest, and even though he was told of the dangers of it all he wouldn't listen and made them all agree to go, he was very persuasive.

These chapters may be a bit fast paced and based a bit more on wolfstar but don't worry Jegulus content will be there too and it's going to slow down soon ;)