Chapter 52

The words were falling from his mouth before he could know what he was saying.

"Remus you're amazing, you're always there and you're just, indescribable," Sirius began, he was quite loud, he didn't seem to care that they were hiding.

"You mean the world to me and," he was going to say it and he knew he, his voice was rising and Remus was looking at him with a confused look.

"I can't just keep going on without you knowing, I still love you," Sirius blurted he became louder and Remus could see with his wand light that Filch was getting closer.

Sirius kept talking and Remus felt weak in the knees he was pouring his heart out to him but the foreboding fact that they could be caught hung in his head and made him skittish.

"I'm not going to stop fighting for you Remus, everyday no matter what you think of me, even if you hate me I'm never going to stop fighting for you, and,"  Sirius was cut off by Remus. It had happened so fast, one second he was blurting and the next Remus was ducking down and crashing their lips together.

It was hungry and desperate for both of them, Sirius didn't dare put his arms around Remus, in case he began to regret what he was doing, but Remus had one of his hands on the back of Sirius's head and the other was on his cheek. Merlin was it beautiful.

When they broke away panting for breath Remus picked up his wand and the map which he had dropped and looked at it. "Let's head back we've done all the floors we had to, James and Peter took a longer route, they'll be back in about an hour," he said acting as if nothing had just happened.

It was silent as they walked back to the dorm, when the door closed Sirius finally found the courage to speak. "It's ok if you regret it," he said softly but Remus didn't reply but got into his bed closing the hangings.

Sirius got into his own, his heart was beating at a hundred miles an hour and he still couldn't comprehend that that had just happened. Then suddenly Remus opened his hangings and was on Sirius's bed in seconds. "I didn't regret it," he said softly now on top of Sirius and he kissed him.

It was even more greedy and fierce than before, so many months pent up without this. Remus was kissing him with a mix of joy and anger, he wasn't angry he was doing it, he was angry he had thought he had regretted it.

He began to unbutton Sirius's shirt and soon snaked his arm around his bare chest pulling him closer, their lips never parting. "Remus," Sirius mumbled into the kiss but Remus ignored and kept kissing him deepening the kiss.

They finally broke apart panting trying to collect as much air as they could. Remus was laying beside him now looking at him and Sirius was looking back.

"Remus," Sirius said softly and Remus smiled softly at him.

"Yes," he said to Sirius as his breathing steadied.

"Can I kiss you," he asked, he wasn't completely sure Remus wasn't regretting this, he didn't want to mess anything up, he just wanted Remus to be happy.

"Fuck yes," Remus mumbled and that was all Sirius needed to pull himself up and connect their lips again. Soon enough Remus was trailing kisses and sucking softly down Sirius's neck,  each one leaving hickeys.

There was no talking, there was no time for that, not now, it was just them, the soft touches and their lips never being far from one another for long.

"It'll be worth it," Peter said as he opened the door with James behind him and he let out a yelp of shock.

Remus jumped falling off the bed and disappearing. James grinned to himself. "Sorry for interrupting," he smirked at Sirius before he walked with Peter out of the room, both of them ready to take naps on the couch until the two were out of the room.

"You alright?" Sirius asked Remus who was laying flat on the floor, he was shirtless and his sandy hair was a mess.

"Yeah," he breathed and Sirius fought a smile as he stood up and came to sit back down on Sirius' bed, both their lips were swollen and Remus could already see the marks left by the hickeys he had given Sirius.

"I still love you too Sirius," Remus then mumbled, replying to what Sirius had said in the cupboard even though that seemed like a lifetime ago.

"But Melanie," Sirius said softly to Remus.

"She broke up with me for a foolish reason," Remus said and he chuckled softly.

"What was it?" Sirius asked him, he wanted to know, to know if she had hurt him.

"She broke up with me because she knew I still loved you," Remus told him.

"Oh," Sirius breathed after a few seconds of silence, he hadn't expected that at all. "Was she right?" He asked, it wasn't jokey he completely meant what he was asking.

"Yes, I don't think it was love with her, I think she was there for me in a bad time and it made me confused," Remus said softly, she had been there talking to him after the prank and then being there while he stayed home with his father.

"But it's you I love Sirius, it's always been you," Remus breathed, Merlin he felt like a sap but he meant every word he said and Sirius's smile made it all worth it.

Remus pressed his lips to Sirius' once again, smiling into the kiss. "I love you," he said again into the kiss.

"I love you too Remus," Sirius replied softly back.

"Moony, call me Moony," Remus mumbled and Sirius's heart could have stopped right there.

"I love you Moony," he said wrapping his arms around Remus' waist and kissing his forehead.