Chapter 81

"James, hey James it's alright," Regulus said trying to wake him and finally James did awake breathing heavily and clinging to Regulus.

They had both come accustomed to waking up at night to find the other freaking out. The nightmares they both had were worse when they were first back together but now two years later they weren't as frequent.

"Sorry," James mumbled burying his head into Regulus' chest.

Regulus kissed the top of his head and said to him "Don't apologise, James,".

"Of course, I do this on our wedding week," James mumbled.

"I don't think there's a whole week for that, just a day," Regulus told him.

''No there is a whole week," James told him raising his head.

"Whatever you say, Potter," Regulus chuckled.

"What time is it?" James asked going to grab his glasses and look at the clock.

"Coming up to noon," Regulus told him.

"Noon!" James shouted sitting up. "You have a tux fitting with Remus in half an hour and I need to go with Sirius to look at the decorations, why didn't you wake me?" James asked now already out of bed and throwing on a new shirt.

"You looked so peaceful, sorry," Regulus said now also getting up and changing.

"You're lucky I can't ever be mad at you," James told him and he came over softly planting a kiss on Regulus' cheek. "I'll see you later," he told him before leaving in a hurry.

"That's a nice one," Remus said as Regulus walked out in the third tux.

"You've said that about them all," Regulus told him. "Can't believe I'm agreeing to a life with James, he's going to drive me insane," Regulus told him.

"Well take it from another illegally married man, you got to do things for the people you love, even if insanity may happen," Remus told him.

"You know if this doesn't work out properly for either of us, I'd illegally marry you any day Lupin," Regulus told him.

"Me too Black," Remus told him.

Regulus was glad to find James hadn't left him with too many tasks across the week, he had to pick out chairs, flowers and music. Remus helped him a lot which was a relief.

...

"I dunno, cake?" Sirius replied.

"Yes, but what kind, how can I marry him and not know what kind of cake he likes?" James asked.

"Well last I checked we didn't grow up with cake around us, I don't know probably strawberry or some coconut stuff, something that sounds rich," Sirius said shrugging.

"You're no help," James said.

"I am helping, I helped choose your decorations and tux and I'm going to be the best man at your wedding, I am very helpful," Sirius told him.

"Ok you have been helpful," James said rolling his shoulders back.

"Plus Reg will be too amazed by the whole thing he wouldn't care if you served him a plate of bread crumbs," Sirius told him.

"If you say so," James told him and they finally decided on a cake.

...

"Sirius is taking me away in an hour," James said on the sofa.

"Don't tell me you two are running off together, the night before our wedding," Regulus asked.

"No, he's doing the whole, can't see each other before the wedding," James told him.

"Well, we did the same for them," Regulus remind him.

James was pouting and Regulus had to control himself and try not to chuckle, James was like a child sometimes.

"I just don't want to be away from you for so long," James told him.

"Oh you can survive without me for a bit, Potter," Regulus told him, kissing his forehead.

"That's Black-Potter to you in a few hours," James told him smiling. Less than a day away and he would be meeting Regulus at the aisle and marrying the boy he has loved for years.

"Yes but now I can cherish just calling you Potter for now," Regulus told him.

"Well Black, I will cherish calling you Potter when that happens," James said his arms wrapping around Regulus, holding him.

They were quiet for a little bit, just together in the comfort of each other.

"To think that we might not be here if you and Remus hadn't decided to fake date," James said softly.

"The best decision of my life, Lupin is not a bad kisser," Regulus replied.

"I can't even deny that," James chuckled. "But now I'm regretting mentioning Remus, don't need you getting second thoughts and running off and eloping with Remus," James said.

"Second thought about you, that's impossible, but the idea of eloping with Remus doesn't sound bad, quite nice actually it'd be a lot calmer," Regulus replied.

James elbowed him softly making him laugh. "Maybe a bit too quiet, I think I need a bit of Potter madness to keep me going," he told him.

"Yes and I'm always going to need a bit of your sarcasm and smile to keep me going, plus if you take Remus I and Sirius wouldn't survive, he put a fork in a microwave when he came over, and it set on fire, I still don't know why," James told him.

Regulus chuckled "Yes you two idiots need us, so I guess we don't have a choice," he said.

"Yes no choice, you stuck with me forever without a choice Reg, mine forever," he said and took his hand and kissed it.

There was a knock on the door and James stood up walked to their room and grabbed his things. He walked back over to Regulus kissing him on the cheek. "I love you, Black," he told him.

"I love you too, Potter," Regulus replied chuckling.

James was halfway to the door when he realised something.

"Oh, Reg I forgot," James stopped turning back to Regulus.

"What is it?" Regulus asked.

"I can't wait to marry you," James told him, his eyes shining with that joy he always had in him.

"Me to James," Regulus replied softly a smile creeping into his face.