Chapter 36: Closer

Tris' POV:

I lie in bed while looking through Instagram. I wish what happened never did. I always go through bad things, and I don't know why they happen to me. They happen to Tobias too, and it just confuses me.

I look up and see Tobias is standing in the doorway.

"You wanted to talk?" he asks.

"Are you really over me?" is all I say.

He shakes his head, "I'll never be over you Tris. You know that."

"That's not what you told Uriah..." I mumble.

"I said that, because I was pissed off at him," he says, looking to the ground.

"Then why'd you invite him to come? Why were you mad at him?" I ask, confused.

"Were you mad at me earlier?" Tobias asks.

"Kind of..." I admit.

"Why?"

"You were flirting with that chick earlier... You said that you loved me Tobias," I hold in my tears.

"Well, I was upset that you wouldn't talk to me, and it's so easy for you to talk to Uriah instead of me," he frowns.

"Are you saying that you are jealous?" I ask in shock.

He blushes and shrugs, "Maybe..."

I smile, "You don't have to be."

He stares at me for a minute and then smiles.

"What?" I ask.

"You're so beautiful..." he says, making me blush.

I stand up and walk over to him. I hold my arms open and wrap them around his waist. He wraps his arms around my neck and pulls me into him closely.

I pull away some, so I can see him. I look up at him, and he looks down at me.

"I'm shocked that we aren't really awkward," I say.

"What do you mean?" he asks, a look of confusion crossing his face.

"You know what I mean," I say and stare into his beautiful, deep blue eyes.

Part of me just wants to kiss him, but the other half says not to.

You know what? F*ck it.

I get on my tip toes and smash my lips against his. He doesn't resist and presses back with a lot of force.

He pushes me against the wall, and we kiss for about 5 minutes.

I soon stop and look down. He puts his forehead against mine and whispers, "Sorry."

I look up at him and shake my head. "Don't be... It's my fault."

"I liked it."

"Me too."

Then he starts to kiss me again, and we make our way back over to the door. I close the door with my foot, and Tobias pushes me on the bed. He takes off my shirt and starts making a trail of kisses down my neck.

He plants kisses all over me and my face, then I decide to take off his shirt too. I trace his abs with my finger as he continues to kiss me.

He gets down to my stomach, and I whisper, "Stop."

He stops and says, "I'm-I-uh..."

"Shh," I whisper, "it's okay." I take deep breaths and remember he's still practically on top of me.