Chapter 43: Shockers

Tris' POV:

I wake up to a nice scent. I take a deep breath and smell food. I look at my phone and see that it's already noon. I sigh and get up while rubbing my eyes.

I walk into the kitchen, and Tobias is once again, cooking. He looks over to me when I walk in and continues to cook. I look at the table and play with my hands.

"Are you still upset?" he says, and I look up.

"I don't know. Kind of... I just want to know what you're hiding from me..." I frown.

"Tris, I'm not hiding anything," he stops cooking and walks over to me. "Why do you think I am?"

"Yesterday," I mumble.

"That isn't even about you. I promise that it's nothing. Okay?" he says and takes my hands in his.

I shrug and just sit there. It's really bothering me that he won't tell. "If it's not that important then why can't you tell me?" I ask, looking into his eyes.

He looks around the room and sighs. "Why are you wanting to know so bad?" he asks.

"Tobias, just tell me!" I exclaim. He looks startled because of me yelling.

"Okay, okay." he says and looks down at our hands. "You have to tell me one of your secrets though."

"Okay!" I exclaim.

"Well, you know when you were in Australia?" he asks and I nod. "I dated some people..."

"Me too, but keep on."

"One of them was kind of... Christina," he says, and I look up at him with wide eyes.

"You dated her?" My eyes begin to fill with tears. He nods and looks down to the floor. I pull my hands away from him and walk to my room quickly.

Now I know why he didn't want to tell me. I sit against my bed and let tears fall out of my eyes. Why did he even date her and what about Will? And why didn't she tell me when we were "friends?"

"Tris. I'm sorry. I don't-" Tobias walks into my room, but I cut him off and say, "I dated Zeke."

He looks at me with confusion. "Look, now we're even," I say.

"When did you date him?" he asks.

"He came to visit me before I started dating Calum, but things didn't work out between us and so he left," I say.

"Why are you telling me this?" he asks.

"Because you said I had to tell you a secret," I say. I'm still crying, but not too much.

"You didn't have to now," he looks upset. I am too, and I know how he feels.

"How did Shauna take it?" he asks.

"She never found out," I say.

"You didn't tell her?" he asks.

I shake my head, "Did you tell Will?"

"No," he mumbles.

"Exactly," I say.

"Tris, that was at least a year ago right?" he asks, and I nod. "You never thought we'd be together again, so I understand. I forgive you. The real question is do you forgive me though?" he asks with a little bit of hope in his eyes.

I swallow the lump in my throat and try forgetting about his question, "You aren't mad at me?"

"Of course I'm mad. You dated my best friend, but I mean I did the same thing and that was a year ago... What can I do?" he says.