79.

~DECEMBER, 2041~
~NEW YEAR~
~GRACE~

For the New Year Savannah decided to call her boyfriend over. I didn't like that boy since the first time when I met him and from the second he sent me that flirty smile right in front of Savannah.

I decided to dress like I was home, with my family, Leo and his family. Since I couldn't be with them today at least I can feel like I am.

I put on my black skirt, dark grey jumper and my black knee high boots. Of course, I didn't touch my necklace but give a kiss to it.

•••••••

Night was flying by and it was now three minutes till the year of 2042.

Entering new year by my own isn't the best way but at least I can thank the year of 2041 for bringing me Leo, for giving me a boyfriend and even all the ups and downs that we had we're entering New Year happily together, not physically now, but in a relationship.

I have a lot to thank God for this year but I don't know from where to start.

Leo asked me to be his Valentine. Auntie finally married Liam, they got a little baby boy. Kyle got to the maths school and is one of the best in the u17 Chelsea team. I got so close to Alex, Noah, Jack and Luke. Spent a summer holidays with Leo that wasn't the best but we made it through. Then Leo had a court with that Gonzalez girl that ruined his life. Then I got student exchange and came here, in Madrid.

The thing I'm the most thankful for is definitely Leo and that through all the bad times we still made it and are happily in love, starting to have a relationship that is good for both of us.

I should spend first New Year with Leo as a couple but it go as planned because I took an once in a lifetime opportunity.

Clock showed midnight and the sky went full of fireworks.

I turned towards Savannah's parents wishing them a happy new year as Savannah and Julio kissed.

She wrapped her arms around his neck burying her face in his neck as he send me that dirty gaze once again tonight.

"I'm gonna call my parents" I said walking from the backyard to the living room taking my laptop

As soon as I saw all the Chilwells, Maddisons and Werners appear on my laptop screen I got more than emotional.

"happy new year Grace" they shout as I smiled fighting back my tears

"happy new year guys" I said trying to find Leo with my gaze but I couldn't find him

"it's not new year here yet" Kyle said and I laughed

"my bad, my bad, I'm sorry" I said

Next few minutes we talked about as many things as we could in that short period of time because dad took a laptop and walked away from everyone.

"where's Leo?" I asked

"he didn't want to come, he said he would spend the night at his because he don't want to feel leftover without you here" he said and I felt really bad

"I'm gonna call him then, I'll talk to you soon, okay?" I asked

"yeah, sure, be okay Grace, we miss you" he said

"I miss you all, tell mum and Kyle that I love them" I said

"I will, go call your man" he said and I smiled lightly

"I love you dad" I said

"I love you too princess" he said and hung up

I took a deep breath and a second later he sat next to me.

"man is not available?" he asked getting closer to me

"bet he's having a great night knowing you're in another country" he said leaning closer to me as I pulled away

"but don't worry, I can take care of you" he said quietly putting his hand on my thigh and I immediately jumped away running to my room not carrying about anything

I lock my doors trying so hard not to cry. I can't call Leo now, in this state. He will know that something is going on and I don't want him to worry. I know what he is like and he can be here with first plane and it won't end well.

But I have to call him, I have to check on him, he's home alone while everyone else are having fun at our house.

I took a deep breath taking my phone and calling him.

First try..... nothing
Second try..... nothing

And a second before the second try gave me a voice mail he answered.

"I'm sorry, I was taking a shower" he said

"happy new year my love" he said smiling and I smiled lightly not wanting to worry him

"happy new year Leo" I said

"you're at home?" I asked

"um....yeah....mine went to yours but I was like....um..... I didn't want to feel leftover..... Millie has Kyle and Emelia and I would just be by side alone, I would rather be at mine alone" he said

"what about boys?" I asked

"they have a party at Alex' since his parents are with Phoebe's" he said

"why aren't you there then?" I asked not understanding why he is home alone while he could go to his friends'

"because I don't want to take care of their drunk asses" he said