[60]: Retreat

You had made up your mind

And since you were sat alongside your one carry-on bag at the 'waiting bay' section of the airport, it was clear that you weren't going back on it.

You had made your decision about heading back to Seoul.

Nothing held you back in Busan anymore.

Knowing that you couldn't trust a damn word that your teammates said to you—would have normally been enough on its own to drive you away.

But, now knowing that your target was in Busan as well, that gave you an opening to head back to his unguarded residence with no hesitation.

Obviously, you decided to keep it to yourself. From the group, and the rest of your agency. Your Boss didn't need to know, yet.

You just hoped the boys would take long enough to figure it out, to buy you some extra time.

Using your own money, you had already organised to be on the first flight home.

You had to pack light, having only snuck back inside while the others still slept, to grab your valuables before leaving the house without a trace.

You didn't even want to say goodbye to Jungkook.

You walked right past his sleeping body with your backpack, barely even sparing a glance.

You held no attachment.

You were way past fed-up.

Those boys had pushed you to your limits, and Jungkook had made you snap.

He tried to nudge his stupid-self all the way inside your heart, and somehow only made your walls higher, in the process.

You'd be lying if you said you didn't have regrets about trusting him.

Even just that moment after your fight with Taehyung, was so important to you.

And thinking about what the two of your shared just last night, made you feel sick.

It must have meant near nothing to him.

"Now boarding: flight four-seventy!"

Your ears picked up on the announcement, despite the music in your headphones, and you quickly approached the on-ramp.

You scanned your ticket, and had no moment of hesitation as you boarded the aircraft.

—————-

"Damn."

Jimin looked to Jungkook, noticing his brothers' obvious stress, as his hands were fidgeting. "What is it, Kookie?"

"She won't answer my calls. I'm worried."

It was fairly obvious that was true, as Jungkook had spent the last ten minutes anxiously spamming your number with calls.