[07]: Blackout

A heavy weight lifted off your chest, once you saw the creepy man being dragged out of the bar by his decrepit elbows

You sighed, resting your face in the palm of your hand, and letting your eyes rest shut.

"There's lots of bad people around here, you know that." Riwon said, mixing up a detailed concoction for someone else. "You're right in the middle of the worst of it."

You nodded, "Yea, I know."

Riwon smiled, glad to have put you at some sort of ease. He knew your life was overwhelmingly stressful all the time, and that you came out to drink whenever you needed a reset.

Little did you know, that just seeing your familiar face show up every few months, still alive and well—was Riwon's reset.

He cared for you. Worried for you.

As the night progressed, the bar continued to get more crowded. The crowd was building up just behind you, of people dancing to iconic 80s and 90s music.

The music was a solid stress reliever.

Until...

Suddenly, you felt warm hands on your hips.

Time around you turned to slow-motion once again.

"Excuse me." He muttered briefly, under his breath.

The hands were large, and nothing more than a soft touch as the warmth moved from right to left, gently gracing the width of your hips.

The tiny strip of skin where your singlet met your jeans, became riddled with goosebumps.

And his voice was husky, dark and mysterious.

Not again, you thought as your head snapped to the side to get a glimpse of who had touched you.

And, now that the alcohol had started kicking in, you were prepared to sock the person in the jaw with your knuckle-breaker rings, at any given second.

Both hands on the bar to steady yourself, you swung and met eyes with him.

Holy shit...

The young man was simply trying to get past you, trying to squeeze and politely nudge his way by while causing the least amount of damage.

Innocent. Not creepy.

You could see it in his eyes.

You could see a lot in his eyes, actually.

"I'm sorry," he mentioned, seemingly sincere, as he squeezed through the tight gap between you and a group of dancing women behind you.

For a few seconds, you were caught in a blurry daze, admiring the moving man.

He was...something else.

In your drunken state, he was a little too much to comprehend.

The word beautiful, came to mind.