.42.

💫GISELLE💫

"Giselle, you and Angel are the filthiest animals I've ever met." Sevyn complained as we walked down the street from the café. She'd just got done going on and on about how good Max was in bed and had the nerve to talk about my sex life.

"Wow. You're such a hypocrite." I laughed. "We just got lost in the moment, I guess. I really don't know what happened. I couldn't control myself."

"Clearly!" Sevyn laughed.

As we made our way to our dorm, I noticed Roman's car sitting outside. My heart immediately dropped as a feeling of uneasiness washed over me. Checking my phone frantically, I made sure I hadn't missed the memo of him coming over or calling. There was nothing. Sevyn had to have sensed something was wrong, because the next thing she said brought my attention back to his car.

"What the fuck is Roman doing here?"

"I don't know. I wasn't expecting him."

As we approached his car, I noticed no one was inside. Not quite wanting to shrug it off, I walked slowly towards the double doors. My flesh was crawling, heart pumping at least twelve beats per second. As my throat tightened, panic got the best of me. I looked around the lobby, but there was no one there. As we took the stairs up, I kept an ear out for his voice or even just the smell of his cologne. There was no trace of him. A part of me hoped we'd run into him in the halls or on the stairs. That would keep my mind from assuming he was already outside or inside my room.

Once we got to the door, I had to wipe the sweat from my palms before I could even get the door open. To my surprise, it was empty. There was no one there, not even Max. Relaxing, I felt my heartbeat slowly return to its normal pace, I was finally able to contain each breath that left my lungs, and I let out a sigh of relief. I didn't know why I immediately panicked, but I was grateful I had no real reason to. Flopping down on my bed, I took another deep breath, looking up at the ceiling and trying to wrap my fingers around how in the hell I started having so many guy problems?

"Bonfire behind Hanigan's tonight. Want to go?" A text came in from Angel. I smiled, thinking of something cute to say back. Finally, I responded with, "is this a date?". Without waiting on him to respond, I peeped over at Sevyn, who was snooping through Max's things.

"What are you doing?" I sat up, frowning in disapproval.

"I was looking for my phone charger. Then, I ran across all of these photos of Max and some guy.

"So you're going through her shit?"

"No. I mean—" Sevyn sighed, sitting down on the floor in front of Max's bed.

"I think I fucking like her. Like actually like her. Guess I was trying to find out more about her. I don't know."

"Well, why don't you just try talking to her, Sevyn? I know you two think you're just hooking up from time to time, but maybe there's more to it."

"Why do you say that? Has she said something to you?" Sevyn seemed on edge, fumbling over her words and speaking too quickly.

"No." I laughed. "I'm saying this because it's the right thing to do. If you feel the need to snoop around in her things, maybe you should clear things up between you and her. See if she has feelings for you too."

"Okay." Sevyn sighed.

"Seyvn?"

"What?" She laughed.