.43.

💫GISELLE💫

"She would've loved you. Especially for me." He finished.

"You think so?" I smiled.

"I know so. All you're really missing is a twin sister for her to date. Or brother."

"What?" I took a few sips of my wine.

"We made this ridiculous pact to marry twin siblings. Stupid, I know...but that's just how inseparable we were."

"I wish I had a sibling." I sighed. "It sounds like she completed you. I love that."

"She did. But now—"

"Now your future just looks a little bit different. All hope isn't lost though. You know that, right?"

"Of course." Angel lowered his chin and I could see him getting lost in his own head. So, I reached over the table, placed my fingers on his chin, lifting it back up so that his eyes could meet mine.

"There's a beauty in you that no one or nothing can take away. All hope is not lost. You're an amazing man and there are endless possibilities waiting for you to explore them."

"Thanks." Angel removed my hand from his chin and held on to it as we both gazed into an endless sea of hope. No more words were spoken for a while. Lost in those steel, cold, but heartwarming eyes sent me into momentous loop of possibilities. Our possibilities.

I remember thinking, "this could actually work. We can really do this; become a couple, love one another correctly, build a life together". I wished, more times than I could count, that I knew what he was thinking. Were we on the same page? Did he want the same things I wanted? Should I ask?

"Are you two ready to order?" The waitress returned, eyeing Angel and never once looking over at me.

Angel hadn't looked over or acknowledged her yet. I eyed him, hoping he'd realize that I was motioning in her direction, but he didn't budge. He continued to stare at me like I was the only woman there. Finally, he spoke, but never took his eyes off me.

"What do you want, baby?" I could have died. The way he stared at me made me melt from the inside out. My heart raced, throwing my breathing off track.

"I want you." I murmured.

"Too bad I'm not on the menu. Too bad you're not on the menu." He winked. "I'd eat you alive."

"Angel." A pant left my mouth.

"Giselle." A smirk. A fucking smirk. He knew he was making me hot for him.

The waitress cleared her throat.

"I'll have what she's having." Angel finally spoke to her, but never looked at her. She eyed him, however, like he was a piece of fucking steak. The last piece of steak in a desert of seaweed.

"Can we get the  lamb and shrimp entrée with asparagus and potatoes, please." I finally spoke to her. When our eyes met, there was a sparkle of envy shining back at me. Her gaze was slightly unpleasant, causing my eye to dart down at the table.

"Is that all?" She asked, dryly.

"Another bottle of wine for my girl, please. We're celebrating." Angel finally looked up at her, but not for long. That made her attitude worse.