.83.

💫ANGEL💫

"Where are you two headed at this hour?" My father questioned, watching Giselle and I damn near run towards the front door. My parents had held us hostage all day, forcing us to endure old childhood stories, drink tea, and talk about our futures. I must admit, I enjoyed watching them interact with Giselle, picking her brain and exposing her true intensions, but I was ready for company about thirty years younger than they could provide.

"Heading to Lee's, dad." I responded, still opening the door for Giselle to exit, and taking one last look and him and my mom. "We'll be back later." I winked.

I ran to catch up to her, sliding my hand into hers, the way she looked up at me, displaying those beautiful teeth as her lips spread from one end of her face to the other, made me want to turn around and hide away in my house forever, but I didn't. We headed to Lee's and I prayed she didn't invite the entire town over.

"SURPRISE!" At least twenty people yelled as Giselle and I entered the front door.

Lee stood front and center with Jeremy, arms spread to the ceiling, mouth wide, as they both yelled with everyone else. Looking at the both of them, completely plastered, I shook my head and looked to Giselle for assurance. She shrugged, wide-eyed, but seemingly down to get into whatever the two of them had planned. The last time I mixed my past with my present was a complete disaster. I made a mental note to practice some self-control and stick by my girl's side.

"Okay y'all. Show our boy, Angel and his friend Gis—"

"My girl, Giselle." I corrected her loud and clearly. "Thank you all for coming out tonight. Please be especially kind and courteous to my girlfriend, Giselle or you'll have to deal with me." I raised my brows to show them just how serious I was, grabbing her hand and pulling her closer to me.

I began a silent prayer as I planted a kiss on the top of her head, whispering, "We can leave whenever you're ready." She smiled and nodded right before being pulled away by Lee.

"Girlfriend?" She squealed, shaking her by the shoulders. Giselle joined in, jumping up and down and squealing all giddy like. It was cute. I put that memory away for safe keeping. She was actually excited about being my girl.

"When did this happen? Come on, lets get drinks so you can tell me all about it." Lee's voice faded as they both disappeared into the crowd. I watched them for as long as they were visible, feeling nervous about having her wandering through a crowd of my deepest darkest memories.

"Lighten up, dude. She'll be okay." Jeremy whispered as he pounded his fists into my chest.

"Fuck off, Jeremy. I swear, if anything happens to her, I'll blow this whole fucking house up." I snarled back.

"Okay!" He sang, hands up in surrender. "Besides, if I'd known she was coming, I would've scratched a few people off the guest list.

"What people?" I frowned.

"Hey there lover boy." A sweet, yet sour voice hummed from behind.

I turned quickly to find someone I thought I'd never see in this lifetime. There she stood, tall, slim, and beautiful. My mouth had to have been wide, jaw on the floor, because she pushed my chin up, laughing at my childish reaction. I couldn't speak, think, breathe, let alone close my own my mouth. And then finally....