.61.

💫GISELLE💫

 "Giselle." A distant voice called out from what seemed like the other side of the world.

"Star?" A soft angelic voice whispered.

Then there was a cold feeling of moisture that I couldn't quite place. Trying to lift the heaviness of the world, running from the dark shades of an unwanted slumber, I realized I couldn't open my eyes.

"Baby, can you hear me?" That husky tone I loved.

"Baby?"

"I'm sorry, sir. I mean, no disrespect."

"Angel, why don't we just back up and give them space."

"Fuck that, Loki. She's my girl. I'm staying right here."

Loki?

Again, I tried lifting my eyes, opening some type of portal back into the world I no longer was apart of. What happened to me? Why was Loki and Angel with my parents? I had no time for questions. I needed to wake up and I needed to do it quickly. Why couldn't I open my eyes?

"Ian's coming." My mom cried. Ian was a doctor and close friend to my father. Why'd I need a doctor.

After a moment, the sound around me began to fade, silence rang into my head as even the sound of my own breaths became a distant dream. I stood there, in the midst of loneliness and darkness, fading deeper and deeper into an unforgettable melancholy.

Surrounded by an unsure blanket of fear, I backed into a corner. Staring into nonexistent shadows, blinking away make-believe monsters, hiding from the illusions of the unknown. I found myself shaken with panic. Then there she was, her face plastered in thin air, staring into me and waiting on a response. Who are you? Are you just a figment of my imagination? Are you me and I, you? Or maybe you're the girl I wish I could be; mysterious yet transparent. Eyes like the waves in the deep blue sea, touched with a feather of perfection. Golden locs draped around a perfectly smooth and milky face.

"Who are you?" I called out to her. "What do you want from me?"

"Giselle", echoed from every direction, but not from her. Her mouth was still sealed in silence. Her eyes peeling away at my surface of lies. "Giselle", sounded off again, this time closer. And then as if the devil himself placed his lips to my ear, a loud growl shouted, "Wake up!"

Eyes wide, blinding brightness, smothering fog of life, I was back. I was home. Blinking rapidly, I tried to focus on one thing at a time, one figure at a time, but all I saw was her face. My face. Staring. Begging to be seen and heard. I couldn't take my eyes from hers. A sea of curiosity washing towards me.

"Daddy?" I cried out. "Why does she look like me?"

Finally, I took a peek at the room around me; Angel, Loki, my mom, my dad, Dr. Ian all stood there above me, watching me with judgment or worry. Panic filled my lungs, cutting off whatever breath I had stabilized. Lightheaded again, I squeezed my eyes shut, shaking it off. I had to fight it. What the hell was happening to me? Why was I lying on the cold marble floor, surrounded by my family and friends? Why was my own face that wasn't quite mine haunting me in the corners of my subconscious? Was I going crazy?

"Baby, I'm here. I'm right here. You're going to be okay." Angel was panicking, sitting next to me after pushing his way past everyone else. "You're going to be okay, Giselle. Just breathe.