.59.

💫ANGEL💫

Loki and I went out onto the strip where there were several shops to choose from. We ended up going into the closest shop to the hotel. I could tell from the moment we walked in that it was an expensive, but very tasteful establishment. Crystal chandeliers sparkling from the high ceilings, great art hanging on every wall, over-priced designer on each rack. It wasn't exactly my first choice, but I wanted to look pristine when I waltzed into Giselle's mansion. I wanted to look like I belonged in that star-studded façade of a happy home. A showstopper.

"Hell, yes. That's the one, dude." Loki nodded as I exited the dressing room.

Adjusting my collar, I checked myself out in the mirror. Staring at my own reflection, for the first time in a long time, I loved the person standing in front of me. There was a glow that illuminated the darkness around me. It was like a swarm of fireflies, lighting up the night sky, creating a florescent haze of pure goodness. That was something I never thought I'd see in myself again. My eyes darted towards my feet as I felt a slight smirk edging across the right side of my face.

"Exactly. You know you've hit the mark when you make your own dick hard."

"Loki?" I scuffed. "You say the weirdest shit at the worst times, man." I couldn't help but laugh a little. I loved Loki. He was literally everything I needed sometimes.

"My bad. Dang." Changing the subject, he held up a suit in the air. "So, you're going blue, and I'm going nude."

We both paid for our clothes and made our way out of the store. Our next order of business was dress shoes. I couldn't find any that I liked, and after going into three different stores, I gave up, deciding to throw on some sneakers instead.

"Suit yourself, dude. I thought you were trying to make an impression." Loki started on his reverse psychology bullshit. "I mean, you only get to meet your future mother and father-in-law once, right? Gotta go out in style, I guess." His sarcastic shrug made my flesh crawl.

I rolled my eyes, feeling an edge of agitation, but also knowing he was right. If I wanted to look like I belonged, I would have to dress the part from head to toe. But did I want to fit in? Isn't that what her little high school sweetheart did? Look where that shit got him. I literally fucked his girl the day before his pop up visit and then fucked her again while she slept in the bed next to him. Damn, the way every wrong, troubled, pitiful stroke made her scream my name. How could he not hear us? How could his senses not kick in, alerting him of the fuckery taking place a few inches away?

"Hey! What the hell are you guys doing on this side of the continent?" A familiar voice rang in my head. I remembered thinking, did I conjure up this idiot's presence?

"Aaron?" Loki questioned, causing me to snap out of my thoughts and focus back on the present moment.

"Yeah, dude. Loki, right?" He motioned towards us, not really allowing his eyes to wander in my direction.

"What's up, man." My mouth spoke without my permission. I wanted to slap myself.

"Hey. Angel, right?" The excitement wasn't as strong as it was for Loki.

"Yup." I scratched my head, lowering my eyes as they displayed an ample amount of awkwardness. There was no way I was about to pretend to be buddy buddy with Giselle's ex. No way in hell.