.84.

💫GISELLE💫

The first week at Angel's was amazing, learning so much about his parents' farm, going through old memory books, talking a lot about his sister and learning more about their relationship, meeting so many of his classmates and people he grew up with. We were pretty busy most of the time. The only occasions we found ourselves alone was when his parents would go out during the day or when we'd sneak into each other's beds. There was one particular night, a Saturday night prior to attending church service. We'd been playing cards, listening to old sixties music, and being entertained by Angel's parents. After a few hours, they'd gone to bed, leaving us up in the living room with a deck of uno cards, slow tunes spinning in the background, and our filthy thoughts.

"Another game?" Angel winked.

"I'm done. I can't beat you." I laughed, brushing my hair from my face.

"Lets play strip uno." Angel whispered as if he was afraid someone else would hear.

"Not a chance."

"Scared?" He hissed.

"What, to end up bare ass naked in the middle of your parent's living room? Of course." Laughing, standing to my feet to make my way towards the kitchen, I turned to face him once more. "Wanna dance?"

"Aww, come on." Angel stood to meet me in the center of the floor. "When a man loves a woman!" He screeched loudly, attempting to sing along with the song.

"God. Let the record play." I teased, wrapping my arms around his shoulders.

"I have to sing these words to you girl." Angel swayed dramatically, dragging me across the floor with him.

"Sing it, baby." I gave in, wanting him to express himself the best way he knew how.

"If she is bad, he can't see it. She can do no wrong. And turn his back on his best friend. If he puts her down."

"I don't think that's how it goes." I laughed, tucking my head between his chin and shoulder.

"Oh it is. I'll do anything for you."

"Anything?" I lifted my head, locking in on his eyes as he confirmed, "anything" in a bit of a whisper.

"I believe you." I smiled, throwing my head back in a way that invited his mouth onto my neck.

"I'll do anything..." He repeated, stopping to plant a kiss on my neck. "...for you." He repeated.

"I believe you."

"You know, before we drove here. I dreamt you left me. I didn't know it was a dream at first. I thought..."

"I'm not going to leave you."

"In the dream I was you at first. I was sad and lonely and analyzing myself in the bathroom, but as you. And when it was time to go, you said. Or, I said that I couldn't do this anymore. And then I, the real me, went crazy, breaking shit and screaming. Then I was here. Lee was trying to wake me up before my parents arrived. Then Lee turned into Lina. Then you. Then I woke up."

Confused by the oversharing of information, I let go of him and took a step back. I needed to get a clear view of this crazy man standing in front of me. What was the point of sharing this dream? And why at this moment? Why?