38 - Overthinking

Leah's POV

I woke up the next morning in an empty bed and immediately worried. Where is Jennifer? Was it too much for her yesterday? I started overthinking.

She could just be in the bathroom. So I got up and wrapped my bathrobe around myself, then put my hair into a messy bun. After that I checked the bathroom which was empty. I walked into the kitchen, then checked the living room. My concern grew.

„Jennifer?", I called her and waited a few seconds. Nothing.
Outside I checked the patio. Maybe she was having tea, doing affirmations? Could be all kinds of things and wouldn't necessarily mean she bailed out on me. Why would she, everything was perfect between us, right? Maybe everything was too much? God I can't lose her!

„Jennifer?", I yelled when I didn't find her on the patio either.
Then I heard water splashing and walked around the corner.
I inhaled deeply and sank on the lounger. She was swimming in the pool. I'm such a dumbass.

When she saw me she swam to the end of the pool, placed her crossed arms on the stones, leaving wet stains on them. She gently put her chin on top of her hands and smiled. Her hair was open but wet.

„Hey mornin'", she said sweetly.
„Morning.", I replied.
Jennifer furrowed her eyebrows at me.
„Are you okay baby?"
„I worried about you."
„Why?"
„Because you weren't there. And I couldn't find you."
„So you thought I left?"
„I don't know."
„Why would I do that?"

I just looked at her and said nothing. She put her palms on the stone ground and pushed herself out of the pool. Water was splashing from her body and built little trickles flowing down her skin. She wore a royal blue bathingsuit, almost cut to a thong on the backside.

The ground around her darkened from all the water, as she walked towards me.

Standing in front of me, she pulled on my bathrobe's belt, then pushed it apart to uncover my naked body.

While biting her bottom lip she put one knee on the lounger beside my right side, then slowly swung her other leg over me and put her other knee on my left side. Small and big drops of water were falling on my skin causing me to shudder. Jennifer lowered herself on me until she fully sat on my lap, making me completely wet, leaving my skin in goosebumps.

„I would never do that.", she said softly while lifting my chin up with her pointing finger, so I would look into her eyes.
She kissed my lips gently, making my heartbeat rise. I put my palms on her sides, pulled her even closer to me and kissed her more intensely.
I felt stupid for thinking she left. „I'm sorry."

„It's okay. Are you hungry? I'm starving.", Jennifer said with her lips close to mine.
I smiled and lowered my hands to her ass, grabbing it hard. That ass is too addictive,
I could admire it all day long. „I'm always hungry.", I said and gently bit her bottom lip, making her giggle.

We had breakfast and after that we sat on the couch and facetimed the kids.

„Hi babies!", Jennifer said in an excited high voice.
„Hi mom, Hi Leah!", the kids replied. I waved at them.
„How's it going? How are you?", Jennifer asked.
„It's fun but we miss you. And dad's new girlfriend is weird.", Emme said.
Jennifer raised her brows.
„A new girlfriend? I didn't know about that."
„She's like.. a teenager mom.", Max said, made a face and wobbled his head around. He is just the funniest kid.
„What?", Jennifer asked.
Emme hit Max a little. „She's not a teenager oh my god! She's like 22."
Jennifer's jaw dropped but she quickly pulled herself together.
„Well is she nice to you guys?"
„Yeah she is.", Max said, still goofing around. Can't sit still.
Emme shrugged her shoulders.  „I don't like her, mom."
„You don't have to, but you could give her a chance, right?"
Emme rolled her eyes.
„Just a few more days, alright? Try to have fun!"

„Mhmh.", Emme answered while Max had dropped out.
„Is dad around?"
„Yeah somewhere."
„Can I talk to him for a sec?"

Emme got up and walked until she found him.

His face appeared on the screen. That's fucking Marc Anthony, oh my god. I worked on keeping a straight face.
„Ay, Mami!", he greeted her. „Leah.", he greeted me. He knows my name. ‚Stop fangirling, Leah, this is so inappropriate.', I thought to myself.

„Hi Marc.", I replied.
„You have a girlfriend?", Jennifer got right to the point.
„I do."
„And you couldn't tell me about it?"
„Why, do I have to report stuff like that to you?"
Jennifer flickered her eyes at him.

„If our kids are going to be around, yes!"
„Did you tell me about Leah right away?"
This is awkward.
She flickered her eyes again.
„That's... different."
„Why is that any different?"
„Because... because the kids are with me all the time and first off, Leah was just introduced as a friend, so."
„So you're doing things differently than I am."
Jennifer took an annoyed breath.
„Don't be mad, mami." Jennifer shook her head no, rolled her eyes and looked to the side.

„Mírame, mami."
Jennifer turned her head to her phone again.
„Is it something serious?", she asked.
Marc laughed a little and shrugged his shoulders.
„Marc! Don't parade people in front of the kids if it's not."
„Ya es tarde. But ay, they get along great so far."
„Just don't... push anything, okay?"
„No lo haré."
„Good."
„Fine."

„Déjame ver esa linda sonrisa."
I had no idea what he was saying, but Jennifer just stayed quiet.
„Por favor?", he asked pouting.
Jennifer forced a smile at him, Marc chuckled and Jennifer's forced smile soon turned into a real one.
„Okay stop. Have fun with the kids.", she said.
„Byeee."
„Bye Marc.", I said, but it felt weird because I've been no part of this whole odd conversation anyway.
Jennifer hung up and I raised a brow at her.

„What?"
„You are weird. What did he say to you anyway?"
„Nothing important."
„Jennifer."
„Alright, he asked me to smile."

I furrowed my brows at her.
„Don't overthink how we interact too much, baby.", she said.
I don't like them being that way, but it was mostly Marc being flirty with her. She responded to it unwillingly I guess. I wondered if he still got a place in her heart more than she likes to admit.

„So, there's nothing going on?"
„We've been married for 10 years, Leah. We just know each other so well and we ended on good terms. Plus, co-parenting is a rollercoaster."
I've never been married with kids so I had no idea about the bond it could possibly built. Maybe I've been a little too jealous.

„Baby.", she put her fingers on my chin and made me face her.
„I love you. Only you."
I smiled at her.

Jennifer got down from the couch and on her knees in front of me.
„Let me show you just how much.". And with that being said, she put her palms on my knees, slid them up my thighs and spread my legs while doing so.

I bit my bottom lip and let my head fall back on the rest.