42 - Olvídame y Pega La Vuelta

Jennifer's POV

It was the day of our performance and I woke up feeling sick to my stomach. I had a dream about Alex watching the performance while doing himself and it freaked me out big time. He's gonna watch. He's gonna see me and I don't want him to.

I called Leah.

„Baby, I can't do this.", I said, breathing heavily, because my chest felt so tight.
„Can't do what?"
„Tonight. Alex is gonna see and I....", I inhaled loudly „I don't want him too."
„Okay, breathe. You can do it. Millions of people are gonna watch and yeah, maybe he's one of them."
„You're not exactly helping."
„I'm sorry, I don't know what to say. Just... you're gonna do it, baby. You're an animal. A lioness. You're brave and strong and you don't give a shit about this pathetic little fuck."
„Yeah."
„Who's the champ?"
„What?", I asked her and made a face.
„Who's the champ!?", she repeated.
„I'm the champ?"
„You're the champ!"
„I'm the champ!"
„Good!"
„Okay."
I laughed a little. She made me feel better.

Leah's POV

After I pumped her up a little, we hung up. Lucas knocked and I told him to come inside.
„Hey what's up?"
Of course I never told him what happened, so I couldn't tell him that she's freaking out and I just wanted to be with her.

„Tonight's her performance.", I said.
„And that worries you?"
I shrugged my shoulders.
„Because of Marc?"
I had told him he's flirting with her all the time.
„Are you worried she's gonna fall in love with him again?"

I looked at him. That weren't my worries actually but now that he said it... Great.

„I just wish I could be with her."
„Then why don't you?"
„I gotta meet the supplier tomorrow, I can't."
„What if I'll do that for you? I'll pose as your assistant and have you on facetime with me."
My eyes widened.

„You'd do that?"
He nodded.
„Oh god, Lucas!! You're the best. The best of the best!"
„I know.", he said while I was hugging the shit outta him.

I looked for a flight but soon came down from my high. I wouldn't make it in time. I'd land probably just when the show starts and then I'll still have to get through LA traffic.

„So? The point is, you're gonna be with her. Now go! Pack! Wait, book! Then pack!"

I called Benny to make sure I could get inside and asked him not to tell her. He told me they were having a little get together after that, and text me the address just in case my flight would be delayed or something.

Hours later, I finally landed in LA and got in a cab. I started streaming the show to not miss anything.

Jennifer's POV

Marc and I got ready to perform and I was still kinda nervous. These past hours, I couldn't even reach Leah.
„What's wrong mami?", Marc asked me, sensing something's wrong.
I shrugged my shoulders and let my head sink.
Marc cupped my face and pushed it up gently.
„Mírame, mami."
I looked into his eyes and that calmed me down.
„Whatever it is, I'm up there with you. You're not alone."
I looked at him with big eyes and nodded. I love him for his ability to read and comfort me.

He pulled me into a firm and long embrace and it gave me back my strength.
„Ready?", he asked.
„Yes!", I said and smiled at him as we broke our hug.

We went separate ways to the stage and as soon as I was standing in place and the first notes started playing, I was all into the song's mood. I sang my heart out and it felt amazing.

My body was filled with adrenaline feeling Marc's and the audiences energy. They cheered loudly when we were done, Marc and I held us by our hands and he pushed them up, earning an even louder applause.