Four

~Worst Day Ever~

"Really?" Kat asked Buck as he took some of the food she was making

"Really?" Kat asked Buck as he took some of the food she was making. "If you want some, just ask"

"I'm good. I already ate" Buck answered, she rolled her eyes.

"You still owe me 20 bucks, Buck" Kat reminded. "Don't think I'm gonna forget" grabbing a plate from the cupboard.

"For what?" He asked.

"For the damn cookie bouquet that I delivered to Chimney. The one with the get well card that I personally watch you sign" Kat scoffed.

"He's doing it again" Looking over to Bobby at the table.

"What? Eating dinner?" She questioned.

"Staring into that book. Come on, you must have a line on the gossip around here. What is it? Why is he so obsessed with it?"

"Mm-mm. All I'm gonna tell you about that is to stay the hell away from it. Trust me. I made that mistake three months into working here" Kat replied joining Hen at the table.

"So you're saying no one here knows what he writes in it. Well, watch this" Buck said.

"All right, Buck. When he pops you in that pretty face, just make sure it's on the side that's already got a mark" Kat told him. Her and Hen watched as Buck confidently walked over to Bobby. Bobby put the book in his pocket and got up, well Buck continued to talk.

Bobby turned around to him and slammed him against the wall "Is it bad that I've always wanted to do that?" She asked Hen.

"Should we stop them?" She asked.

"Nah" Kat muttered"I did warn him" Bobby let go of him and walked away.

...

"The water's on fire"

"That's jet fuel" Bobby replied, looking at the plane submerged water.

"I count 12 to 16 victims on the wing, at least 30 in the water" Hen yelled. "How long before that thing sinks?"

"Based on the timing of the swells, I don't think that plane can take more than four or sets before going down"

...

"Bobby?" Hen asked, knocking on Bobby's apartment door, no answer. "Bobby, open up!"

"He ever gone MIA like this before?" Buck asked them.

"No. Honestly, we don't know much about his story before he took over the house" Kat answered.

"Shh, you hear that?" Buck asked, they listened and there was a faint ringtone coming from the apartment. "I'm gonna kick it down"

"No, no. you're not" Hen said, she pulled out a set of keys and unlocked the door. "Bobby and I gave each other spare keys just in case one of us couldn't make it home one day"

"How come I didn't get one?"

...

"How long has it been?" Buck asked.

"546 days" Bobby answered. "45 and a half, if we're being picky" he sighed. "Days. 18 months"

"That crash was hard-core" Buck replied.

"Yup" and Hen placed a coffee on the table for Bobby. "Thanks"

"We all have our breaking point" Kat told him.

"Mm-hmm"

"Who were you cooking dinner for?" Kat asked, glancing at the dinner table with 4 empty plates on it. "There's four plates set"

"I don't know. I was drunk" He answered. "I'm gonna be fine. This is a one-time thing, I promise, okay? I'm good. I'm sorry I put you guys through this"

"You know why redwoods can grow so high?" Hen asked. "They move and bend with the wind. If you stay rigid, eventually you'll break"

"You calling me uptight? She's calling me uptight, isn't she?"

"Maybe ask for help once in a while?" Buck asked.

"Help"

Written:18/01/2023

Published:24/03/2023

Rewritten:16/02/2023

Word Count:574