Forty-Six

~Blindsided~

"Katniss, will you please go faster?" Hunter asked his sister from the back seats

"I am obeying the posted speed regulation. I'm not having Athena pull me over" Kat shot back.

"Damn it, I wish I had my ambulance" He mumbled.

"I barely drive the fire truck probably, you trust me driving that?"

"No, no I don't"

"Exactly"

Kat pulled up to the hospital as Maddie and Hunter got out the car. "We have arrived at your destination" She told them.

"Today is the day" Maddie said and they walked into the hospital, she grabbed her phone and quickly texted Buck. 'Just dropped Maddie and Hunter off at the hospital' she turned the engine on and saw Maddie and Hunter walked out. "Today is not the day"

...

"Yeah, I'm on my way" Kat said getting into her car.

"You're gonna be late you know?" Buck asked.

"No I won't"

"And no getting starbucks"

"Fine" She sighed. "Love you"

"Love you too" and she hung up.

Halfway to work and listening to Taylor Swift she saw a car driving the wrong way on the road, she pressed the emergency dial button on her steering wheel. "911 what's your emergency?"

"There's a car on the freeway. It's going the wrong-" She swerved out of the way of the oncoming car. The car behind her slammed into the back of her sending her car down the ramp off the freeway.

...

"911 are you calling about the pile up?" May asked.

"Yeah...I think I was in it"

"First responders are on scene and working. You should be able to see them" May replied.

"I don't see anyone" Kat said weakly, glancing around her car.

"Are you injured?"

"Yeah, I'm sure I'm bleeding. A lot" She mumbled before passing out.

...

"Distach 118, come in. this is Sue"

"Go for Captain Nash"

"Captain Nash, we received a call from a driver who says she was in the pileup claiming she's still trapped in her car"

"I believe we already extricated everybody involved. Are they sure they were in this crash?" Bobby asked.

"The line went dead before we could get too many details. We'll try to reconnect with her now"