Thirty-Seven

~What's Next?~

"Summer camp?" Buck questioned, looking at the brochure

"It's all he can talk about" Eddie replied, looking at his watch. "Some of the other kids from school are going. It's only two weeks. Time"

"Whoa, whoa, two weeks away from home? Isn't Chris kind of young for that?" Buck questioned, concerned. "I mean, what if something happens? What if he gets homesick?"

"I'm pretty sure I brought in the brochure so you guys can make me feel better about him going" Eddie shot back.

"Clearly, you did not think that plan through to its logical conclusion" Chim chuckled.

"I started going to sleepaway camp when I was 8. I loved it. Camp Weegeewagen. Eedee-idee-odeeoooh-hoo! Looked forward to it every year" Bobby told the group.

"Yeah, but Christopher's a city kid" Kat spoke up.

"So was I. St. Paul is a city"

"If you say so" She mumbled.

"I'm just trying to imagine trying to sell Denny" Hen scoffed.

"It's pretty exciting. They even have this farm-to-fork program where the kids pick veggies and cook 'em for dinner"

"That sounds a lot like child labor" Buck replied, Kat rolled her eyes.

...

"All right, guys, let's gear up! Let's go!"

"Guys, I got it" Kat told the two fighters as a woman tried to push past them. "Ma'am, I'm sorry. We can't let you inside. It's too dangerous"

"I know it's dangerous, I need to get up in that car" She replied.

"I hear you, I'm sorry"

"Wait, are you from the 118?" She asked.

"Yeah" Kat responded confused.

"Abby?" Buck asked from behind them with a shock expression.

"Buck?" She asked, Kat's expression changed to pissed off look, looking at Buck's ex.

"Wait, you were on the train"

"Yeah, I gotta-" Abby tried walking passed Kat before Buck stopped her.

"We need to get you checked out"

"No, no, no. I'm fine, I need to get up there"

"Abby- what? No, that's crazy! No, no, Abby, Abby, stop!"

"I'm trying to find somebody!" Abby snapped.

"...okay, well, just tell us who. We're going-"

"My fiance!" She yelled, Kat could see the hurt look on Buck's face from her reply. "He fell asleep and I went to the bar car"