Twenty-Eight

~Sink or Swim~

"Any word on how Operation Buck Up Buck is going?" Hen asked Eddie and Kat

"This was this morning" Eddie said, pulling out his phone. "Full stack. And then I think he said maybe the movies, by now, Chris is coming down from a serious sugar high and Buck is regretting his life choices"

"Hey, did someone leave a hydrant open?" Bobby asked.

"I don't think it's a hydrant, Cap"

...

"Help!" A woman shouted. "Please!"

"Cap!"

"I see it, Chim" Bobby replied. "Careful, guys. Unstable" as the rafts pulled up to the boat.

"My fiance and my son, they're inside!" The woman yelled. "Please hurry!" Hen, Kat and Bobby followed the woman down stairs to see two men impaled by an Antenna.

"Antenna from the radio station pierced the hull" Kat told the team.

"Then it peirend them. They're skewered together from the shoulder..." Hen tailed off looking at the two man. "...through the abdomen...to the bottom of the boat"

"And this boat is taking on water"

"We need a plan, Cap, and we need it fast" Kat replied.

...

"Okay, we have a plan"

"Only one plan...you save this kid" The stepdad replied.

"What? No, Chuck, you're already insufferable. Don't be insufferable and magnanimous, I can't take it" The son said.

"She is the love of my life. He's the love of hers. Save...save him"

"Or job is to save you both, so that's what we're gonna do" Bobby told him. "Cover 'em up, Kat"

"Got you"

"All right"

"Kat, Hen, I need you to lift him up. And, Jason, if you can get on your knees at all, I need you to try, okay?"

"Careful it's gonna hurt"

"Turn your head away"

...

"Cap's in the water" Chim told them.

"We got another surge!" Hunter yelled.

"Copy that" the water rushed into the lower deck, Kat held up the stepfather so he wouldn't drown.

"This is gonna be a problem" Hen pointed out.

...

"Water's coming faster!" Kat said into her radio.

"Copy that, Kat. I'll bang three times on the hull when it's done" Bobby replied.

"Chuck? Can you hear me?" Kat asked, he didn't reply, Kat checked his breathing but there was nothing. "He's not breathing. Lost his pulse"