Forty-One

~9-1-1, What's Your Grievance?~

The 118 walked through the gate and saw the woman's body floating in the pool "Gunshot wound to the chest, already dead when we got here" Athena explained

"Don't think you're gonna be needing those med kits" Bobby told Hen, Hunter and Chim.

"Yeah. Crime Scene unit's on the way. We just need a to get a medical confirmation that she's dead" Athena said.

"On it" Hunter said, stopping in front of Buck and Kat. "Excuse me" Buck moved out the way and shared a confused glance with the youngest Rivas.

"Uh, did you just say excuse me?" Buck asked but Hunter ignored him. "Your brother's being weird"

"How can you tell?" She asked.

"Ooh, ooh, hey whoever killed her kicked that gate in good. Saw a clean footprints on it" Buck pointed out, pointing to the knocked down gate.

"Well, that foot would be mine" Athena told him. "The gate was latched shut from the inside, front door was locked too"

"If everything was locked when you got here, how'd the murderer get in or out?" Kat questioned.

"It's a locked-room mystery"

"A locked-yard mystery. What do you think?" She asked her boyfriend. "Home invasion gone bad? Murder for hire?"

"Was she married?" Buck asked Athena. "'Cause...you know. The husband is usually the culprit"

"Are we making a true crime podcast?" Athena questioned.

"No, we've just been watching a lot of criminal minds"

"Calling it- definitely some signs of struggle. Looks like a fresh manicure, too" Hen said.

"Guessing that the broken nail would have bugged her less than the bullet hole" Chim pointed out.

"You got an ID for the paperwork?" Hunter asked.

"Yeah, the victim's name is Delia Narwood. She's the owner and sole occupant of the property" Rick said, walking in and tripping over."And a...apparent fan of tiny garden statuary"

"Hey, you know, none of this mail's addressed to Delia Narwood- it's not even the right house number" Eddie spoke up, glancing at a mail pile.

"So she was stealing people's mail. Maybe she saw something she wasn't supposed to...and it got her killed" Kat chuckled.

"Okay, Cagney and Lacey" Athena said to the couple. "I think your work here is done"

"All right"

...

Kat grabbed her jeans from her closet, Buck glanced over to her and sighed "No jeans" Buck told her, grabbing them from her grip, she pouted.

"I'm meeting your parents for the first time. I don't think they'll give a shit what I wear" She said, crossing her arms over her chest.