Fourteen

~Awful People~

"Oh. Okay, we got a colostomy bag, probably backing up. You're gonna have to intubate him, Sir, just try to relax. These paramedics here are gonna attend to you" Bobby told the man laying on the floor, Hen and Chim went to examine the guy but he pushed them away.

"Oh, hell no" He said. "You do it" looking at Bobby.

"Sir, I am not a trained paramedic. I can't intubate you, they can" Bobby tried.

"I'm fine" The man replied weakly, Kat rolled her eyes.

"Sir, you're not fine" Chim told him. "Your bowel is probably obstructed. The contents of your colostomy bag are backing up into system, you're about to choke on your own waste , you will suffocate and die"

"Get...away"

"Okay, sir, if you refuse care, we cannot administer it by force" Bobby told him.

"What about him?" He asked, glancing at Eddie.

"Diaz" Bobby commented.

"Diaz? What kind of name is that?"

"My father's from Mexico. My mother's Swedish. I can help you out with the Swedish half but no one told me which half that is" he shook his head.

"What about her?"

"I'm half asian" Kat replied.

"Hell no"

"Okay, would you like me to call you another paramedic team so you can have an all white one?" Bobby questioned.

"Yeah"

"He's gonna aspirate" Hen pointed out annoyed, and he did, making everyone step back. "And he's aspirating"

"Actual diarrhea of the mouth. Outstanding" Chim commented.

"Pretty sure he was doing a good job at that before" Kat replied, Hunter shot her a look. "What?"

"Okay, guys, let's get to work" Hen told them.

...

"Hunt!" Kat heard a woman call, well walking back to the truck, making her and Hunter turn around.

"New girlfriend?" Kat asked Hunter, looking her up and down.

"Haha, no, a-a friend of mine" Hunter replied. "Uh, Krystal, this is Kat"

"Nice to meet you" She said, putting her hand out to shake but Kat didn't.

"Kat!" Athena called.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"You didn't tell me you had a sister" Kat looked at her confused.

"...I don't" She answer confused.

"But..." Athena started, but Bobby shook his head and Hunter looked away.

"W-what?" she asked glancing at Krystal, Hunter quickly walked away, she followed him.

"What's going on?" Buck asked.

"I'm gonna kill him" Kat replied, climbing in the truck.

...

"He lied to me!"

"Did you try talking to him?" Bailey asked, taking a sip of her wine.

"Uh, have I ever done that?" Kat asked her.

"Fair point" She smirked and pulled out her phone. "What's her name?"

"Krystal"

"Last name?"

"Uh, i don't know, either Rivas or Davis" Kat told her, she nodded. "Why? What are you doing?"

"You know, just...looking her up on facebook" She replied.

"Really?"

"What? Don't you wanna know more?" as she took a sip of her beer.

"...yes I do"

"Okay, is that her?" showing Kat her phone.

"Yeah, that's her"

"Krystal Davis Rivas. New York Brooklyn, single, studied at Midwood. Let me see if I can find anything else"

"How did you?"

"Okay, grew up with her aunt in Austin Texas, uh, they moved to Brooklyn after your mother died...found her number!"

"What-"

"Want me to call her?"

"No!" Kat exclaimed.

"Aw. come on don't you wanna meet her"

"It's 11pm"

"And?" She asked.

"Yeah, I wanna meet her but not at 11pm"

"Fine" She muttered. "Want me to try to find one of her ex's?"

"...Fine"

...

"Are you gonna talk to me now?" Hunter asked her walking into the kitchen as Kat continued to cut the lettuce and ignored him. "Kat"

"You lied to me" Kat hissed. "I had a sister and you kept her from me"

"I promised mom, I'd keep it a secret" He said.

"Well she's dead so you could've told me" She replied dryly.

"What else do you want me to say? You are so stubborn" She rolled her eyes. "Do you at least wanna meet her?"

"Yeah" Kat sighed. "Still mad at you"

Written:31/01/2023

Published:24/03/2023

Rewritten: 26/02/2023

Word Count:633