11) looking for Derek

"Call it again" Scott said to Stiles as he, Avery, and Stiles was in his room referring to his phone he had lost after his fight with Derek.

"It's not here okay so you lost your phone" Stiles said. "Why don't you just get a new one" Stiles asked. "I can't afford a new one and I can't do this alone we have to find Derek" Scott said.

"Well A you're not alone you have us and B, didn't you say Derek walked into gunfire he sounds pretty dead" Stiles said.

"Argent's plan was to use him to get to the alpha they're not gonna kill him" Scott said.

"He's not dead alright if he was that be pretty stupid considering they need him to catch Peter" Avery said.

"Alright so then just let them do what they're planning you know they use Derek to get to Peter problem solved" Stiles said.

"I am not letting them hurt my boyfriend" Avery said. "Not if Peter's going after Allison to find Derek, I can't protect her on my own which means we need to find Derek first just, just help me" Scott said. "Wait boyfriend" Scott said realizing what Avery just said.

"Yeah, Derek is my boyfriend and before you say anything you're not my father you don't tell me what to do" Avery said and Scott stayed silent.

"You know you probably lost it when you two were fighting you remember that when he was trying to kill you after you interrupted him and Avery your sister trying to kill Jackson" Stiles said.

"Are you starting to see a pattern of violent behavior here" Stiles asked.

"He wasn't going to kill anyone and I'm not letting him die" Scott said. "Could you at least think about letting him die for me" Stiles asked and Avery looked at him.

"I will punch you" Avery said. "Okay sorry" Stiles said. "What" Stiles said seeing Scott and Avery's facial expression.

"Our mom just got home from work" Scott said. "What's she doing" Stiles asked. "Crying" Scott said. "Scott you can't protect everyone" Stiles said. "I have to" Scott said.

>>>

Avery was at her locker when Lydia came over. "Hey, you going to the formal" Lydia asked.

"Uh no something came up" Avery said. "What could be more important than the formal" Lydia asked.

"I'm sorry I just can't okay I'll go to the next one this is just more important" Avery said. "What Avery" Lydia said but Avery rushed off.

>>>

Avery kept to her promise about not going to the formal and focused on finding Derek.

There would be other formals but there was only one Derek Hale.

That's all she cared about right now and that's what she was going to do no matter what she was going to find him one way or another.

Lex here don't forget to feel free to comment and ask questions.