5) frayed

Avery was laying on her bed not talking to anyone refusing to move from that exact spot.

Scott opened the door and saw her and sighed. "Avs I'm leaving" Scott said hoping she will say something, but she didn't.

"I'll be back as quick as I can" Scott said and left. Avery couldn't get the images out of her head it kept playing over and over on repeat.

She didn't want to believe it, she didn't wanna believe her boyfriend the one she was madly in love with was dead.

Flashback

Scott came in the loft seeing Derek, Boyd, Peter, Issac, Avery, and Cora. "I know where they are" Scott said going towards them.

"Same building as the Argents we know" Derek said. "Cora, Avery, and I followed the twins" Boyd said. "Then they want you to know" Scott said.

"Or more likely they don't care" Peter said. "I'd say it's most likely what Peter said" Avery said. "What is this" Scott asked seeing a map.

"Isn't it obvious the schemers are scheming coming up with a coup de main better known as a preemptive strike" Peter said. "You're going after them" Scott asked. "Tomorrow and you're gonna help us" Derek said.

"They're one floor above them in the penthouse right above Allison" Derek said.

"Or as I like to call her mini-Kate" Avery said. "So, kill them first that's the plan" Scott asked.

"They won't even see it coming" Boyd said. "Why is the default plan always murder" Scott asked. "It's not like we have a better plan" Avery said.

"Just once can someone try to come up with something that doesn't involve killing everyone" Scott asked.

"You never get tired of being so blandly moral do you" Peter asked Scott "Not that I disagree with him" Peter said. "I do" Cora said. "Why do we need this kid" Cora asked.

"This kid helped save your life and you know we can't just sit back and wait for them to make the first move" Derek said. "And he's also my brother as annoying as he can be he does make a point" Avery said. "You can't beat a pack of alphas" Scott said.

"That's why we're going after Deucalion just him" Cora said. "Cut off the head of the snake and the body dies" Boyd said.

"Only this isn't a snake it's a hydra and like Scott says they're all alphas" Peter said. "Erica is still dead because of them" Avery said.

"Deucalion's still the leader" Derek said. "Let's hope so because you know what happened when Hercules cut off one of the heads of the hydra" Peter asked.

"Two more grew back in its place" Scott said. "Somebody's been doing their summer reading" Peter said.

Present

There was a knock on the door and as much Avery didn't want to go answer it, she knew she had to. She was the only one home after all. She went downstairs and answered the door seeing Peter.

"Peter" Avery said confused. "Where's your mom" Peter asked. "She's at work" Avery said and Peter went inside.

"Yes, please come in" Avery said sarcastically and closed the door.

"What are you doing here" Avery asked. "I came to see how you were doing" Peter said.

"You came to see how I'm doing why would you do that" Avery asked. "Between you and Scott you're my favorite" Peter told Avery. "I'm fine" Avery said.

"You are definitely not fine don't forget I can hear your heartbeat and even if I couldn't, I can tell just by looking at you that your miserable" Peter said.

Avery just stayed silent as tears fell and Peter pulled her to him hugging her.

Flashback

Scott and Isaac caught up to where Deucalion was. "You didn't come alone" Deucalion said.  "Yeah, this is Isaac" Scott said.

"I'm not talking about Isaac" Deucalion said. The three looked behind them seeing Derek along with Boyd, Avery, and Cora.

"You knew I would do this Derek don't you can't do this, so no one gets hurt if someone else dies" Scott said. "Him just him" Derek said pointing to Deucalion.

"Just me, now how's a blind man find his way into a place like this all on his own" Deucalion asked and then Kali, the twins, and Ennis arrived.

>>>

Derek roared as he and Kali went to fight. Avery roared before going to join in on the fight.

The twins jumped down and morphed into one big giant werewolf. Boyd and Cora joined in on the fight with Isaac soon joining.

Scott sighed before turning roaring joining in as well. All of them were now all fighting the alphas. Soon enough the alphas knocked everyone down as Kali had one hand around Avery's throat and a foot on Cora while Ennis had a hold of Scott and Boyd.

"Kill him the others can go" Deucalion said as Derek looked at Scott and Boyd. "You're beaten do it Derek" Deucalion said. "Take the first step" Deucalion added.

"Are we serious with this kid look at him he's an alpha to what a couple of useless teenagers" Kali asked.

"Some have more promise than others" Deucalion said. "Let him rise to the occasion then" Kali said. "What'll it be Derek pack or family" Kali asked as she pushed down on Cora and tightened her hold on Avery.

Then out of nowhere a bright light came as Kali released her grip on Avery and Cora.

"Your eyes cover your eyes" Deucalion said. Scott gone to attack Ennis and his eyes glowed red for a second as Avery saw before he shook his head back to his golden yellow eyes.

Derek started to attack Ennis and they were at the edge of a cliff. Scott swiped at Ennis's leg causing him to fall along with Derek.

"No" Avery yelled running after him. Scott saw and ran to her holding back.

"Let me go, let me go" Avery said crying. "Let me go" Avery said again crying but Scott refused to. She eventually gave up and just stayed in Scott's arms sobbing uncontrollably.

Present

After Peter left Avery decided to go get some lunch. She took a moment making sure to wipe any tears before she went in the building.

But as she was about to go in, she saw Derek at her window.

"Derek" Avery said shocked to see him. Derek suddenly fell to the ground and Avery quickly got out of the car going to him.

"Derek, Derek" Avery said before looking around making sure no one saw.

She checked his pulse seeing he was still breathing. Avery picked up Derek and put him in her car and drove off.

Lex here don't forget to feel free to comment and ask questions.