12) Smoke and mirrors

Avery, Braeden, and Derek met up with Stiles and Liam as Braeden had to get a van safe from the full moon so Liam could go to help save Scott and Kira from Kate.

Braeden got out of the van walking towards Stiles, Malia, and Liam. "How did you get a prison transport van" Stiles asked.

"I'm a US Marshal" Braeden said. "Yeah, I just thought that was just a cover" Stiles said. Derek and Avery got out of the car walking towards Braeden, Malia, and Stiles.

"Are we really bringing him" Derek asked. "Are we really bringing him" Stiles asked back seeing Peter walking over. "Sadly so" Avery said.

"We're bringing everyone that we can and considering Scott and Kira were taken the night before a full moon we should probably get going a werewolf can't steal a true alpha's power it maybe a Naguai jaguar with the power of Tecatlipoca behind her maybe she can so if everyone is sufficiently freaked out, I say we get going" Peter said.

"Why do you care all of a sudden" Avery asked Peter suspicious. "We can't not without Lydia" Stiles said.

>>>

"What's she doing at the school anyway" Derek asked. "We got Kira's sword, but we need something with a stronger scent Lydia went to get a jacket out of her locker" Malia said. 

"Nothing" Stiles said coming back after going to try to get ahold of Lydia. "If she has a car, she can catch up to us" Braeden said. 

"No what if something happened what If she's in trouble" Stiles said. "Fine you stay you find her we're gonna go on without you" Peter said.

"Do I need to snap your neck" Avery asked Peter. "Relax" Avery told Peter. "I could call Mason he has a study group at school maybe he could look for her" Liam said. "Alright fine" Stiles said.

>>>

Stiles, Malia, Avery, Peter, Derek, Liam, and Braeden were now in their way to save Scott and Kira from Kate.

Derek just chained up Liam with handcuffs and Liam pulled on it making sure it was tight. "Okay I brought something to help you" Derek said holding out the triskelion.

"This again" Avery mumbled to herself. "This has been with my family for centuries it's a very powerful supernatural talisman we use it to teach betas how to control themselves on a full moon" Derek said giving it to Liam.

Derek had motioned to Stiles to go along with it. "Yes, it's powerful" Stiles said and Derek looked at Avery. "Really" Avery asked, and Derek gave her a look.

"Fine" Avery said and looked at Liam. "Very powerful" Avery said before glaring at Derek.

>>>

The full moon was now out, and Liam jerked his chains as Stiles jumped.

"Whatever you were gonna teach me" Liam said and his eyes glowed. "I think you better start" Liam said.

>>>

"Liam you with me we have a mantra that we use you repeat it you focus on the words it's like mediating you say the words until you feel control coming back to you" Derek said.

"Okay, okay, okay what are the words" Liam asked. "Okay look at the triskelion see the symbol" Derek asked.

"Each spiral means something" Derek said. "Alpha, beta, omega" Stiles said. "It represents the idea that we can always rise to one and fall back to another all you have to do is say the three words and with each one you tell yourself you're getting calmer more in control go ahead" Derek said.

"Alpha, beta" Liam said. "Slower" Derek said. "Alpha, beta, omega, alpha, beta, omega" Liam said.

"Good say it again remember every time you say the words, you're getting calmer" Derek said. "Alpha, beta, omega" Liam said in a deep voice.