4) the benefactor

"Like I said I told my dad everything I could" Stiles said as he made his way to Scott with Avery.

"But you didn't tell him about Liam" Scott asked. "You barely told me about Liam" Stiles said.

"Where is Liam" Avery asked. "He's upstairs" Scott said. "Doing what" Stiles asked.

"Lying down" Scott said and they went to Scott's room to his bathroom and Stiles pulled the curtain back as they all saw Liam tied up and with duct tape on his mouth.

"Nope" Avery said going to leave. "Avery where are you going" Scott asked.

"I'm not going to jail for you you're my brother and I love you, but I will not go to jail for you I'll be at Malia's" Avery said and left.

>>>

Lydia was on her computer in class with Avery beside her and Kira behind them when Avery and Kira happened to see what was on the screen. "These are your math notes" Kira asked.

"No wonder Malia's failing" Kira said. "Lydia are these even notes" Avery asked.

"Some of them are my notes the rest I think might actually be a code" Lydia said. "But you don't remember writing it" Kira asked.

"Not in the slightest but considering my drawing of a tree led us to the nemeton I should probably figure out what it means before it tries to kill us" Lydia said.

"Maybe it's like the Enigma code the allies used remember my dad was a World War II buff and my mom was well in it" Kira said.

"I think it's a variation on something called the Vigenère Cipher" Lydia said.

"Do you know how to crack it" Kira asked. "With a key" Lydia said.

"We can't ever have a day without supernatural drama can we" Avery asked and sighed then Natalie came over holding out a key in front of Lydia.

"Remember the rules no more than six people allowed in the lake house stay out of the wine and if anything gets broken it's getting added to your credit card debt" Natalie said.

"Fine" Lydia said going to grab the key when Natalie held them.

"And lock up the basement from all the scratch marks I found on the walls it looked like a pack of wild animals got down there" Natalie said and gave Lydia the key before walking away. "Yeah, wild animals" Avery said.

>>>

Malia, Avery, Lydia, Stiles, Scott, and Kira were all at the busses discussing what to do about Liam. "I'm not sharing my basement" Malia said.

"Actually, it's my basement and my mom noticed how you tore it up last time" Lydia said. "Alright she's still learning" Stiles said.

"She'll get there try to remember she was a coyote since the accident" Avery said.

"But we're going to use the boathouse for Liam it's got support beams we can chain him to one of them" Scott said.

"But how do we get him out to the lake house if he doesn't trust us" Kira asked.

"I say if it keeps him from murdering someone, we chloroform him and throw him out in the lake" Stiles said. "I'm in" Malia said. "We're not killing or kidnapping him" Scott said.

"Then let's be smarter we tell him there's a party and invite him" Lydia said. "So, you're going to ask out a freshman" Stiles asked. "No, I'm done with teenage boys" Lydia said.

"Smart choice older men are so much better anyways" Avery said.

"But if we're playing a trick on someone, we'll have to use the trickster" Lydia said and they all looked at Kira.