12) Lunar eclipse

Avery was bent down next to Derek with Cora who helped him drink some water. "You're okay" Derek said to Cora.

"I'm doing much better than you are right now and all because of you" Cora said and Derek looked at Avery. "Hey" Derek said. "Hey" Avery said back to him and gave him a quick kiss. "You did it" Avery said smiling. Derek smiled back at her.

"Hopefully not all for nothing" Peter said. "Ugh almost forgot that he was here" Avery said.

"The moon is rising Derek you drained your battery all the way to the red" Peter said.

"Will you get on with it your voice is giving me a headache which is impossible for a werewolf or maybe it's just your face" Avery told Peter.

There is a fully charged alpha on her way to rip you, limb from limb" Peter said. "I'll be fine in a few hours" Derek said. "I sincerely hope so because a few hours, is all that you have" Peter said.

>>>

"We know about the lunar eclipse so don't think Kali's gonna sit around waiting for it to level the playing field she's coming and my brother's coming with her" Ethan said.

"Good enough for me" Peter said. "Derek" Peter asked. "You want me to run" Derek asked.

"No, I want you to stay and get slaughtered by an alpha with a psychotic foot fetish of course I want you to run and take your girlfriend with you, so Kali doesn't rip her apart trying to get to you sprint, gallop, leap your way out of this town" Peter said.

"If I didn't know any better, I say you have a soft for me Peter" Avery said smiling at Peter. "I mean I get it because no matter what you do, I actually do care about you too" Avery said.

"If you want to fight and die for something that's fine with me but do it for something meaningful" Cora said.

"Avery" Derek asked. "I'm with Cora" Avery said. "How do you know I'm gonna lose" Derek asked.

"We don't but I bet she has an idea don't you Lydia" Peter said going towards her while Avery quickly stood in front of her glowing her eyes.

"I don't know anything" Lydia said. Peter backed up seeing Avery wasn't going to back down. "But you feel something don't you" Peter asked and Avery stopped glowing her eyes.

"What do you feel" Derek asked. "I feel like" Lydia said and then paused. "I'm standing in a graveyard" Lydia said finishing her sentence.

>>>

"Come with me" Derek said trying to convince Avery to go with him and Cora. "As much as I would love to go with you Derek I have to stay with Lydia and make sure she's okay I can't lose her I can't lose my best friend again" Avery said.

"Avery, I love you okay I can't lose you" Derek said. "And you won't I promise okay, but I have to keep Lydia safe because if it came down between me and her, I'd choose her" Avery said.

"Just be careful" Derek said. "I will, promise" Avery said and Derek gave her a quick kiss before leaving.

>>>

"Where is he" Kali asked as soon as she walked in the loft. "I think he said he was heading out to do some shopping run a few errands the usual werewolf afternoon" Lydia said.

"Who do you think you're talking to" Kali asked. "Someone in desperate need of a pedicure I'd be happy to give you a referral" Lydia said and Avery saw Kali getting too close as she made her way in front of Lydia. "You want her you go through me" Avery said.

Aiden growled at Kali not liking how close she was to Lydia. "Oh really" Kali said to Aiden.

>>>