8) Visionary

Avery was sat on her bed when she heard a knock on the door. "Come in" Avery said and Stiles walked in. "Hey Avs" Stiles said and sat next to her. "Hey Stiles" Avery said.

"Why does everyone keep dying on us first Erica then Boyd" Avery said. "Who's next me" Avery asked.

"Hey that will never happen I won't let it" Stiles said. "You and I both know if that ever happens there's nothing you can do to stop it you can't stop fate" Avery said.

"Yeah, I know" Stiles said. "Hey Avs" Stiles said and Avery looked at him.

"Just remember no matter what you won't lose me" Stiles said and Avery smiled.

"Thanks Stiles" Avery said. "Do you want to go with me to Derek's to talk to Cora" Stiles asked. "Sure thanks" Avery said, and Stiles smiled at her.

>>>

"They were there for two days waiting hiding that's what we're taught to do when the hunters find us hide and heal" Cora said. "Okay so is two days standard then or are we thinking Derek's like some extended getaway" Stiles asked.

"Why do you care" Cora asked once she faced him.

"Why do I care let's see because over the last few weeks my best friend tried to kill himself his boss nearly got ritually sacrificed a girl that I've known since I was three was ritually sacrificed Boyd was killed by alphas" Stiles said.

"Along with Erica and I was kidnapped by them" Avery added and Stiles pointed to Avery agreeing with her.

"Do you want me to keep going" Stiles asked. "Cause I can alright for like an hour" Stiles said.

"You think Derek can do anything about that" Cora asked. "Well since he's the one everyone seems to be after it's more like he should do something about it yeah" Stiles said.

"We can't put that on Derek okay he's doing the best he can enough as it is" Avery said.

"I don't know there's something different about him now, he wasn't like this when we knew him" Cora said. "What was he like" Stiles asked.

"A lot like Scott actually" Peter said coming down. "A lot like most teenagers unbearably romantic profoundly narcissistic tolerable really only to other teenagers" Peter said.

"So, what happened, what changed him" Stiles asked. "Does it matter" Avery asked. "He's amazing the way he is it doesn't matter what changed him we all change one way or another for the better" Avery said.

"Well, the same thing that changes a lot of young men a girl" Peter said. "You're telling me some girl broke his little heart that's why Derek is the way he is" Stiles said.

"Do you remember Derek before he was an alpha had blue eyes do you know why some wolves have blue eyes" Peter asked.

"I just always thought it was like a generic thing" Stiles said. "If you want to know what changed Derek you need to know what changed the color of his eyes" Peter said.

>>>

"Okay so if Derek was a sophomore back then, how old was he how old were you how old are you now" Stiles asked.

"Like he will tell you at least not with a straight answer" Avery said.

"Not as young as we could have been but not as old as you might think." Peter said. "I told you so" Avery said smiling at Stiles.

"Okay that was frustratingly vague" Stiles said. "How old are you" Stiles asked Cora. "I'm 17" Cora said.

"See that's an answer that's how we answer people" Stiles said. "Well 17 how you'd measure in years" Cora said. "Alright I'm just gonna drop it" Stiles said.