8) bestie night

Derek and Issac met up with Scott and Avery at the animal clinic.

Scott opened the door to the animal clinic and Issac and Derek walked in. "What's he doing here" Scott asked.

"Would you be nice" Avery asked Scott. "I need him" Derek said. "I don't trust him" Scott said.

"Yeah, well he doesn't trust you either" Issac said. "You know what and Derek really doesn't care" Derek said. "Would it kill you two to get along for one second" Avery asked.

"More issues at hand here like a lizard dude trying to kill us" Avery said. "Where's the vet is he gonna help us or not" Derek asked.

"That depends" Deaton said making his presence known and everyone looked at him. "Your friend Jackson are we planning to kill him or save him" Deaton asked.

"Kill him" Derek said. "Save him" Scott said and looked at Derek. "Save him" Scott said to Derek and looked at Avery who rolled her eyes.

"Derek please" Avery said and Scott looked at Deaton. "Save him" Scott told Deaton.

>>>

Isaac went to touch something off the table when both Avery and Derek stopped him. "Watch what you touch" Derek said. "So, what are you some kind of, witch" Issac asked.

"No, I'm a veterinarian unfortunately I don't see anything here that's going to be an effective defense against a paralytic toxin" Deaton said.

"We're open to suggestions" Derek said. "What about an effective offense" Issac asked.

"We already tried I nearly took its head off and Argent emptied an entire clip into it the thing just gets back up" Derek said. "Has it shown any weaknesses" Deaton asked.

"Well one it can't swim" Derek said. "Does that go for Jackson as well" Deaton asked.

"No, he's captain of the swim team" Avery said. "Essentially you're trying to catch two people" Deaton said and picked up coins. "A puppet and a puppeteer" Deaton said showing them then put the coins down on the table.

"One killed the husband but the other had to take care of the wife" Deaton said. "Do we know why" Deaton asked.

"I don't think Jackson could do it his mother died pregnant too and she was maybe murdered I think he couldn't let the same thing happen to someone else" Scott said. "How do you know it's not part of the rules" Issac asked.

"The Kanima kills murders if Jackson kills the wife, then the baby dies too" Issac said.

"Does that mean your father was a murderer" Scott asked. "Wouldn't surprise me if he was" Issac said.

"Hold on the book says they're bonded right what if the fear of water isn't coming from Jackson but from the person controlling him what if something that affects the Kanima also affects its master" Deaton said.

"Meaning what" Issac asked. "Meaning we can catch them both of them" Scott said. "Well let's go catch a lizard" Avery said.

>>>

"Avery, I really think you should sit this one out" Derek said. "And why would I do that" Avery asked.

"Avery please" Derek said. "Derek" Avery said and faced him. "I'm going" Avery said. "Baby please" Derek said and held her hands.

"Why don't you want me to go" Avery asked. "Baby please if you go and something happens to you while I'm busy with whatever else I don't know what I'd do I can't live without you please" Derek said.

"Nothing is going to happen to me" Avery said and Derek looked at her. "I promise" Avery said.

"Please for me" Derek said and Avery sighed. "I guess I can stay at Lydia's till you pick me up" Avery said. "Thank you" Derek said and Avery smiled.

>>>

Avery was at Lydia's watching a movie when Lydia broke the silence. "When's Derek picking you up" Lydia asked.

"Probably late" Avery said, and Lydia nodded. Avery paused the movie and looked at Lydia. "How are you after the whole Jackson thing" Avery asked.

"I'm fine really I mean we broke up and then he accuses me of something I didn't do" Lydia said.

"I don't get why you're so good to him he doesn't deserve you even as a friend" Avery said and Lydia smiled at her.

"Who needs a boyfriend when I have you" Lydia said and Avery smiled.

"You'll always have me Lyds" Avery said and laid her head on her shoulder before resuming the movie.

Lex here don't forget to feel free to comment and ask questions.