7) weaponized

"Where's Lydia" Kira asked as they were all gathered up with the SATS. "She took it her freshmen year" Stiles said.

"Does that mean I could have taken it some other time" Malia asked.

"Malia, you studied harder for this than any of us" Scott said. "You made me pull an all nighter just so you were sure you would pass, and I am not a morning person" Avery said.

"Doesn't mean I'm gonna do good" Malia said. "Well," Stiles said correcting her. "Well, what" Malia asked. "It's do well not good" Avery said.

"Oh god" Malia said. "Okay, okay" Stiles said comforting her.

"You're doing this because while we're trying not to die, we still need to live if I survive high school, I'd like to go to college a good college" Scott said.

"It's only three hours we can survive three hours" Kira said. "Three hours of this prison the sooner we're out the better" Avery said.

They all went inside gave their thumbprints and took their tests before going to their seats. Avery saw Malia nervous and held her hand causing Malia to look.

"I'm right here okay just focus on me you'll do great it's us we can survive anything" Avery said and Malia smiled giving her hand a squeeze before letting go.

"Please do not open the test booklet until you are instructed to do so this test is two hours and 10 minutes there will be two 25-minute math sections and an essay writing portion that will last 30 minutes" the instructor said.

"There are supposed to be two teachers monitoring this exam" he told Natalie.

"I know it's Coach he's not exactly punctual um let me just try him again" Natalie said and left.

After a few minutes she returned back to the classroom. "I can't find him, but Mr. Yukimura is upstairs grading papers do you want me to try him" Natalie asked.

"We have to start we can ask for his assistance during the first break" the instructor told Natalie and started the timer.

"You may now open your booklets and begin" the instructor said, and they all started the test.

After a few moments Sydney fell out of her chair causing everyone to look. "Sydney" Natalie said and went to her and helped her up.

"Are you alright" Natalie asked her. "I'm okay I just got kind of dizzy" Natalie said. "Sydney how long have you had this" Natalie asked seeing the marks on her.

"I don't know" Sydney said. "Ms. Martin, do I need to stop the test" the instructor asked. "No um it's fine" Natalie said and Sydney sat back down in her chair.

"Everybody stay in your seats I'll um be back in a minute nobody leaves the room" Natalie said and took her phone leaving the classroom. 

They all went out in the hall after they heard Natalie yelling and saw she locked the door.

"Back to your seats now please" Natalie said. They all went back in the classroom with Scott closing the door behind them.

>>>

"We isolate the sick and then we wait for instructions if I'm wrong they'll be out of here pretty quickly and that I'm the crazy biology teacher who panicked for nothing" Natalie said and left leaving Scott and Avery with Sydney.

"Hey, you're gonna be okay" Scott told her. "It's not that, the PSATS, the qualifying tests for the national merit scholarship my parents can't afford to send me to college without it" Sydney said.

"Hey, I'm sure they'll let you take it again we just have to figure this all out first" Avery said and left Sydney alone with Avery going to Stiles, Malia, and Kira.