chapter 13

Last time

Alma: let's... let's go home, Julieta can you make me some tea with honey? I...I honestly need to lie down for a moment

Julieta:of course Mami, it's no trouble

*They kept walking, at the distance alma could see Luisa carrying another donkey it made her heart twist and her face to look as if she sucked a sour lemon*

Now

With Mirabel and Dolores

*Dolores and Mirabel were having a quiet walk and this time Dolores was making sure it stayed like that. She just stood behind Mirabel as she spoke with different vendors buying food and putting them in a basket*

Dolores "I guess a picnic wouldn't be the worst thing to do today"

*Dolores thought as a hum escape her lips. Big mistake since Mirabel looked at her*

Mirabel;what? You don't want green grapes?

*Mirabel asked in mid purchase. Dolores flinched and stuttered*

Dolores:n..no no it's not that I uh, was thinking of something else s..sorry grapes are fine

*Dolores muttered, she was getting nervous. Mirabel looked at her for a bit*

Dolores"please don't talk, please don't talk, please don't talk"

Mirabel:ok!

*Mirabel said with a smile and went back to her purchase. Dolores took a breath of relief, a very silent breath of relief as Mirabel finished grabbed Dolores wrist and took her with her*

Dolores:where are you taking me?

*Dolores eyes widen as she mentally cursed herself for forgetting so easily to stay quiet*

Mirabel:to eat? We're going somewhere quiet so that you can enjoy it without having to hear everybody well at least not as much

*Dolores actually cracked a smile of appreciation at Mirabel. They walked for a while until Dolores looked confused since Mirabel walked up to Luisa, Dolores waited behind but could still hear them*

Mirabel:hey Luisa, let's have lunch

Luisa:huh? Is it that time already? N..no no Mirabel I can't I...

Mirabel:Luisa let's go to lunch

*Mirabel said in a more firm tone, Luisa started to stutter walking back with her hands raised*

Luisa:t...the farm needs to be moved, the bridge needs to be in the west instead of the  east. And and and...

Mirabel:and all that will still be there after you eat. Now come on before the food gets cold, oh Dolores is gonna join us today

*Mirabel turned around and walked to Dolores with Luisa shyly following behind*

Dolores:....if Luisa wasn't taller the you I would think that your the older sister

*Mirabel grinned and Dolores blushed became more noticeable. The 3 girls walked to be under a tree and Luisa took out a picnic blanket hidden in a whole of the tree placing it down, Mirabel placed the picnic basket down and all 3 sat down. Dolores looked at the two sisters already grabbing there foods*

Dolores:I feel like I'm missing context, do you guys do this a lot?

*Mirabel looked up swallowing her apple slice some of the apple juice slowly falling from her mouth as she shrugged*

Mirabel:what? Have lunch together? Yeah every day

*Dolores looked at Luisa who looked another way concentrating all her might on her sandwich*