chapter 55

Last time

Dolores:Mirabel....can I tell you something about Bruno?

Now

Late at night

*We see the madrigal family eating, well all but two of them. Camilo looked at the empty chairs, and smirked a little*

Camilo:looks like, somebody doesn't appreciate eating, at a appropriate time

Alma:Mirabel, already told me they would be late, stop trying to get her in trouble, your in enough trouble, yourself as it is

*Alma said with a small frown on her face, looking at Camilo, at the back of her mind, thinking of a way, to make the punishment stick, Camilo rolled his eyes and kept eating*

Antonio:they? But, Mirabel goes cave exploring alone on Fridays

Alma:well, she took Dolores with her, make sense, there to be engaged, so it's best if they spend a lot of time to....wait, there doing what?

*Alma said surprised, and she wasn't the only one, multiple family members looked at Antonio, for knowledge, on what the youngest female madrigal is doing*

Antonio:on Friday, she likes to explore. she told me, that somebody gave her a map, of a cave with treasure inside of it

Isabela:she actually fell for that? Honestly, Mirabel. What's the matter with you

*Isabela muttered to herself, alma was about to scold her, but since she kept it to herself, unlike Camilo, she let slide this time*

Alma:well, I'm sure they'll have a wonderful story, to tell us, when they come back

Antonio:she said she was going alone

*Antonio said softly to himself, becoming angry, since in his point of view, mirabel ditched him for Dolores. When the reality was that Antonio was too young, and spelunking was far too dangerous for him. The family made through half the meal, before they heard the door opening*

Mirabel: let's take a shower, I'm pretty sure, everyone else already ate, so I'll cook us something my little fanihi

Dolores:that sounds lovely, thank you

*The family heard the two girls talk, Julieta got up and walked to them, extremely worried for her daughter's safety, after what Antonio told them, what she was doing*

Julieta:Mirabel! Are you ok?

Mirabel: mom, please. Lower your voice, you'll hurt Dolores's ears like that

*Mirabel said sternly, since sadly, Dolores had to take them off, both Mirabel and Dolores feared, what would happen, if the family found out, that Mirabel found a way to take away Dolores's gift, Dolores on a much greater scale, since she finally has some relief, she can hear normally and not have a consistent headache for a few hours at least, she's not going back there again, she can't go back there again. Julieta stopped talking for a moment, but then looked at Mirabel, giving her a stern look, her tone did become softer though*

Julieta:I'm sorry Dolores, and as for you Mirabel, where have you been?

Mirabel: I've been on a lot of places today, the church, the bakery, to visit serñora Rodriguez, you know her family doesn't visit her anymore? It's simply awful, but yeah, I've been to a lot of places

*Mirabel said with a finger on her chin, acting innocent, Julieta crossed her arm, not amused*

Julieta: where was the last place you and Dolores went

Mirabel:the last place we went? Well here of course, Casita is the last place Dolores and myself went to, and are currently in

*Mirabel said innocently, Dolores had to bite her cheek, to hide the smirk that wanted to appear. Julieta started to grow annoyed*