♣️Sookai- The Hive and The Hunter

"Come on you stupid thing. Come on!" Soobin smacked the radio. That wire was loose. Again. The survivors were somewhere and that radio was his only hope of getting to them.

The wire popped back in. It crackled to life. Voices were heard. "Hello? Hello? Is anyone else out there? We have a camp in the city! It's underground! The entrance-" Sparks came out of the speaker. Smoke came next. Soobin threw it into the rubble before it caught flame. "PIECE OF SHIT!"

A zombie popped out of the rubble. It was a rotting elderly woman. Her face was peeling in large chunks. Her skin looked a sickly gray. She titled her head and started growling at the young man.

Soobin ran when he saw that bony hand extend towards him. "GET AWAY FROM ME!" He ran for his life. That elderly woman wasn't alone. An entire hoard was chasing him through the barren streets.

An eight year old, half alive, little boy grabbed his wrist. His eye fell out of his socket when Soobin hit him with a brick. The tendon dangled against his cheek. It snarled as he went to take a bite of warm flesh.

Soobin fell on his ass when a car ran the little boy over. He stared at the eyeball on the ground. It appeared to be looking directly at him. A man yelled "GET IN!" He snapped out of his shock and got into the car. That little boy's head looked like a squished watermelon from a distance. The hoard continued their chase. Their snarls faded as the car sped off. Soobin buckled his seatbelt then asked "WHO ARE YOU?!"

"Kai. You can call me Hyuka. My crew and I are out looking for survivors. You got lucky."

"You're telling me...I'm Soobin by the way."

"No, I meant you were staying in the most zombie concentrated part of the city. I didn't think there was anyone else but my friend insisted I go back. Were you alone Soobin?"

"Yes."

"Your family turned?"

"Yeah." He had to kill them before they killed him. It wasn't a memory he particularly liked to talk about. "What happened to yours?"

"Survived. I got lucky." Hyuka handed Soobin a shot gun from the backseat. "How's your aim?"

"Horrible! I've never fired a gun before!"

"Then take the wheel. There's a hoard ahead." Hyuka ditched the wheel then grabbed the shotgun. He opened the sunroof and began shooting.

Soobin almost fell out of the car when it swerved into a curb. He quickly grabbed the wheel. Hyuka stepped over him so they could trade seats. Soobin had never heard a shotgun before. It was much louder than the movies made it seem. Each one made him jump in his seat. Plasma and blood splattered over the front bumper as they got closer to the hoard.

Hyuka continued to shoot with stunning accuracy. His clip was out. He yelled "SOOBIN! HAND ME ANOTHER MAGAZINE!"

"A WHAT?!"

"BLACK CURVED THING IN THE GLOVE BOX!" Hyuka's ribs smacked into the side of the sunroof when the car jolted. The gun slid out of his hand, down the windshield. He grabbed it before it reached the hood of the car. "ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL BOTH OF US?!"

"NO! SORRY!" Soobin and multitasking wasn't a good mix. He prioritized driving while his hand blindly dug through the box. Something curved fell into his palm. He glanced over and hoped that was what Hyuka meant. "I GOT IT!"

Hyuka grabbed the object. It was a banana. "SOOBIN! BLACK AND PLASTIC! NOT A FRUIT YOU IDIOT!" He threw the banana directly into a zombie's eye. They were getting too close for comfort. He needed a magazine badly to clear a path for the car. "HURRY UP!"